Hello There, Guest! Register

Dreams
rumsfald

04-26-2012, 07:24 PM

(04-23-2012, 08:10 PM)Surf314 link Wrote: [quote author=Azure_Angel link=topic=1181.msg241132#msg241132 date=1331844213]
[quote author=Caffeine link=topic=1181.msg241130#msg241130 date=1331843736]
[quote author=Azure_Angel link=topic=1181.msg241122#msg241122 date=1331842612]
I keep having dreams about this friend of mine back when I lived in Arizona. It'd start out with her drawing or coming to my house or something simple... And it'd slowly develop into a forbidden love between her and I. Sometimes the dream just hints at it, other times we kiss, and theres been a few times where there's been more. To everyone it sounds like an amazing dream, but it's troubling me. I was never attracted to this girl romantically, and she was always a close friend of mine. I haven't talked to her in 3 or so years now, or even seen her. It bothersome that I'm dreaming about her... Especially when I'm in a happy and committed relationship already.

Thoughts?

Maybe you did like her on some subconscious level but never really realized it. How long have you been dreaming about this, recently, a few months, a year?

Do you have any contact with that person at all, even facebook stalking counts, you know what they are up to even if you don't talk to them at all.

As for the last part, you can seriously love more than one person at once. It is not uncommon or unheard of, I think that the problems people experience come more from jealousy, one person feels threatened when in reality they might never be at risk. One party feels they might get left in favor of the other, this leads to fear, anger, and jealousy.

If it continues, you might want to talk with whomever you're with, and potentially your old friend. Both might actually be ok with it...or encouraging, or you might realize why you stopped talking to that person and it will all just go away  :-X
[/quote]

It's been about a month now, and I've had 0 contact in almost 2 years... Maybe it's just like you said, repressed feelings of a chance long gone...

As for the love, I've always looked at her as like a sister. I don't think she ever had romantic feelings for me. As far as I know she was straight... But who knows. Maybe I missed a sign. I wish I had a way of contacting her.

[/quote]

It could also just be intrusive thoughts? Almost everyone gets them from time to time and if you get fixated on it it may be making it reoccur.
[/quote]

Or it could be there were aspects of her personality and your interactions with her that you haven't been able to replace with other people/interactions, and you are just beginning to realize that now. Kind of the "don't know what you got until it is gone."

For me, there are many people in life that are interchangeable, and precious few that complete or compliment me in ways that no one else can. Only, while it's happening, I'm not always great at recognizing how important they are to me. But once I've lost them, I have a better idea of what they brought to my life, and how to find that in other, new people.

Search your feelings. You know it to be true.
Kor
Crits = Skill

04-27-2012, 08:18 AM

I dreamed I was on the surface of a frozen lake, during nightfall, surrounded by mountains. Twin moons and countless stars lit up the scene with a soft glow, and I'm staring at a figure through what I know is dozens of meters of ice. I'm wearing something like power armour out of Warhammer 40k. I'm using every last ounce of desperate fury to punch through the ice, and a voice asks me why I'm doing this. I answer: "That's my wife down there."

End sequence, I need to hold the GF right about now.

[Image: sig.jpg]

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. -Albert Einstein
Reevesith
BRB, Posting

04-27-2012, 12:27 PM

Had a weird dream, I was on a space ship with a bunch of people & the captain was telling us that we found three planets that can support life. So they were sending three pods to them to start human colonys.. Only problem was it was aperture science brand space colonys pods. last thing I remember was a empty building on a moon, with no life to be found @~@;

[move][Image: snailkittygoleft.gif][Image: snailSingoleft.gif][Image: snailAxirothgoleft.gif][Image: snailLuinbarielgoleft.gif][Image: snailpryogoleft.gif][Image: snailspennygoleft.gif][Image: snailMinzgoleft.gif][Image: snailRinnsgoleft.gif][Image: snailChuruyago.gif][Image: snailheavygo.gif][Image: snailRigorMortisgoleft.gif][Image: snailherejonnygoleft.gif][Image: koopeyebot50.gif][Image: cuddlescrawlleft.gif]
[/move]
[Image: lolsgcatgunhugger.gif]
Strangest comment I've read sofar
"do you stroke your rack when you lie awake in bed at night... dreaming of the oven that got away?"
Didzo
Uninstalling

04-27-2012, 02:17 PM

(04-27-2012, 12:27 PM)Reevesith link Wrote: Had a weird dream, I was on a space ship with a bunch of people & the captain was telling us that we found three planets that can support life. So they were sending three pods to them to start human colonys.. Only problem was it was aperture science brand space colonys pods. last thing I remember was a empty building on a moon, with no life to be found @~@;

HL3?

[Image: 2mxisdj.jpg]
[Image: snailLeonidasgo50.gif]
Whendilin
BRB, Posting

04-29-2012, 12:58 AM

I had a dream that I went to acen but then it wasn't a dream

Didzo
Uninstalling

05-25-2012, 03:33 PM

[Image: 20120516.gif]

Luinbariel
Snailcat ..@:3

05-25-2012, 03:35 PM

I had a kind of weird sexy TF2 dream.

Tip for the ladies: don't wear a sports bra. It's a handle.
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

05-25-2012, 08:03 PM

(05-25-2012, 03:35 PM)Luinbariel link Wrote: I had a kind of weird sexy TF2 dream.

Go on...

"If you want to be a Double E, bend over and grab your knees...."
"Atom is Sexy!" <-- Donate your own pic to the cause!
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none. -Sun Tzu
matter11
BRB, Posting

05-25-2012, 08:07 PM

(05-25-2012, 08:03 PM)at0m link Wrote: [quote author=Luinbariel link=topic=1181.msg246100#msg246100 date=1337978147]

Go on...
[/quote]
Did a spy come from behind or did you get headshot?

[Image: SKihE.gif]
Didzo
Uninstalling

05-25-2012, 09:56 PM

(05-25-2012, 08:07 PM)matter11 link Wrote: [quote author=at0m link=topic=1181.msg246116#msg246116 date=1337994198]
[quote author=Luinbariel link=topic=1181.msg246100#msg246100 date=1337978147]

Go on...
[/quote]
Did a spy come from behind or did you get headshot?
[/quote]

Mad Milk: Origins

Luinbariel
Snailcat ..@:3

05-25-2012, 10:28 PM

Ok, so I was in a server. A round had just ended, and it was just me and the Sniper left in game.

Somehow, I was actually in the game. Like it wasn't just a game, I was a live person playing it.

My "team" had lost and all quit, so it was just me as a Blu scout and that other unknown Red sniper. I was running around trying to avoid him so he couldn't kill me at the end of the round, double jumping away and stuff, just laughing at him because he couldn't catch me. He didn't want to shoot me, but just couldn't grab me.

I was laughing at him and standing at the edge of a small dock, about to jump into some shallow water. As I jumped he reached out and grabbed at my back, catching the back of my sports bra though my shirt. So I ended up face-planting into the shallow water and just sitting there.

The Sniper comes down into the water and I'll just say that he didn't like me laughing at him. Good thing the server was empty...
Dr. Zaius
Uninstalling

05-26-2012, 06:24 AM

Since allowing my sleep pattern to drift to what is most natural for me (average of 10 to 12 hours of sleep, going to sleep in the early hours of the morning and waking up after noon), I've had not only more dreams, but I feel like I've been dreaming a series of dream-episodes from some weird-unexplainable-bizarre-reality in my subconscious. I don't think they're lucid, but they're fairly vivid. Another weird thing about them is that I wake up and roll around and go back to sleep for shorter periods of time over the span of 2 hours or so before actually fully waking up and getting out of bed, and while I'm doing this routine of coming out of sleep and interrupting dreams, a minute or so later when I'm back asleep I continue the dream, or at least the 'series'.

Even if I wake up and don't exactly recall dreaming (of this content, specifically) I occasionally still feel as though I did dream of that stuff, although I couldn't prove so.

The content of these dreams isn't really describable.. it's just like mossy artifacts of memory from my life reassigning into a dream world that exists just for this series I'm dreaming about. And the series spans multiple recurring places in my dreams, some that I've seen before, others that are new or expand upon others. They're all familiar to me just the same. The dreams are comfortable, sometimes exhilarating or exciting.

This is getting too long to hope to make sense. I wasn't tired this morning so I'm skipping sleep today.

'Meditation is supposedly the only way to Enlightenment because the only way to find this truth is through inner reflection - therefore, what you are finding to be the truth in your personal journey should ultimately be exactly what I find to be the truth, though all of our journeys are unique.'
StolenToast
BRB, Posting

06-03-2012, 11:58 AM

So I suddenly become conscious in this dungeon looking place.  I can't determine how I got in there, but I can tell I don't want to be here.  Its extremely dark except for a few candelabras on the wall and there is a door.  I walk through into a hallway, and as soon as I step in some of the doors fly open with a wooshing sound and I flip shit.  However, I realize that if I don't move forward I'm not gonna get anywhere.  So I power through and walk through one of the doors.  I feel completely baffled as to why some of the candles are lit but most are not.  Who would do that?  All this time I hear different sets of footsteps walking around me, behind me, even through me.  I see things moving and things that aren't there.  I am afraid to open doors because the sound will give me away but I realize I have to keep moving.  I feel compelled to open closets and drawers because the distraction of searching them will give me a moment of solace from my surroundings.

I find a lantern and attempt to save the fuel inside but I end up burning it all away immediately because its the only time I feel safe.  I also try lighting candles but whenever I want light nothing is around and whenever a candle is nearby I don't need it.  When I hold the lantern I notice that my arm is not my own, but I can't really focus on that little detail.  I hear people breathing behind me, or possibly my own breath.  I am 100% certain something is waiting for me but it never comes.  I start talking to myself, along the lines of "fuck fuck fuck why the hell am i here who would build such a horrible place *footsteps* YOU AREN'T REAL I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU ANYMORE fuckitall when is this shitty monster gonna come kill me my head hurts..."

I wander for an hour but cannot find where to go.  There is one brightly lit, decorated room but I refuse to go in there until I have exhausted all other possibilities, which I keep losing track of so I wander around in circles.  All the while the whole building is swaying back and forth and I hear a grinding, scratching noise in my head that hurts me.

Then I remember this was not a dream.  This was last night when I played Amnesia for the first time while high as fuck in the dark with audiophile headphones.

[Image: MNON0Oe.png][Image: tumblr_m360cgh8CN1rui512o1_400.gif][Image: 1251089773538.gif][Image: 1251089773538.gif][Image: 1251089773538.gif][Image: 1251089773538.gif][Image: 1251089773538.gif][Image: 1251089773538.gif][Image: 1251089773538.gif][Image: 1251089773538.gif][Image: 1251089773538.gif][Image: 1251089773538.gif][Image: 1251089773538.gif][Image: 1251089773538.gif][Image: 1251089773538.gif]
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2012, 12:07 PM by StolenToast.)
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

06-03-2012, 07:56 PM

Had a dream a couple nights ago that I was taking a shower in my hotel room and the water stopped. I was confused. Then it restarted, but it was room-temperature blue powerade. Then I woke up. What does it mean?

Dr. Zaius
Uninstalling

06-03-2012, 08:14 PM

(06-03-2012, 07:56 PM)at0m link Wrote: Had a dream a couple nights ago that I was taking a shower in my hotel room and the water stopped. I was confused. Then it restarted, but it was room-temperature blue powerade. Then I woke up. What does it mean?

electrolytes

get them

'Meditation is supposedly the only way to Enlightenment because the only way to find this truth is through inner reflection - therefore, what you are finding to be the truth in your personal journey should ultimately be exactly what I find to be the truth, though all of our journeys are unique.'
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

06-03-2012, 08:57 PM

(06-03-2012, 08:14 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote: [quote author=at0m link=topic=1181.msg246642#msg246642 date=1338771388]
Had a dream a couple nights ago that I was taking a shower in my hotel room and the water stopped. I was confused. Then it restarted, but it was room-temperature blue powerade. Then I woke up. What does it mean?

electrolytes

get them
[/quote]I was working in a 90°F plant with 95% humidity, that could've contributed.

Evil Cheese
Sad Keeanu

06-04-2012, 02:17 PM

So I had an odd dream last night that took place in two unrelated segments.

In the first segment there was some kind of disaster happening (zombies maybe?) that was causing people to get in their vehicles and flee along with random tornadoes happening in broad daylight. All the highways were completely gridlocked and nobody was moving so I found myself alone in my car stuck in traffic on the highway that was not moving. Then these wasteland raider types showed up in their off-road trucks and van and started pulling people on the highway out of their cars, including myself, and stuffing them into vans. The raiders took their captives back to their complex that was a sort of one story sprawling industrial building. As they were unloading us out of the vans and transferring us inside somewhere we could see them lining up a semi-large group (maybe 20 or so) of people (both men and women) against a wall outsides and raping them. They put a group of us in a windowless room and locked us in. A big blond biker looking guy with with a mustache and viking braids offered me "cheese" and shrooms which I accepted and promptly started hallucinating which is when that segment ended.

The second segment started on a small two person space ship that was owned and being piloted by a woman. We were being attacked by something and I hit a giant blinking "SAP" button and we finally hyperspaced the fuck out of there (for some reason referred to as "sapping"). She dropped me off at some government building where I was given a weapon, an assignment, and a spaceship of my own. I don't remember the rest of that one.
Squishy3
Closet Furry

06-07-2012, 09:06 AM

Kind of random but surprisingly pleasant dream. I married Mila Kunis. When we were about to have sex, I told her I had masturbated to her in Black Swan and Friends with Benefits. She said "I could never get turned on by Friends with Benefits, that movie is just too funny to me." And then we just ended up sitting there naked talking about the funny things Justin Timberlake did in that movie.

Didzo
Uninstalling

06-25-2012, 04:36 PM

Not being sure exactly where the dream stops and reality begins is not much fun when you add some sleep paralysis into the mix.

Didzo
Uninstalling

07-15-2012, 12:34 PM

So I was driving a car and then Koala drove a motorcycle into it. I had no concrete indicators that it was Koala, but dream-logic indicated that it was.