Hello There, Guest! Register

Thinking bout getting one of these...
Sponson
BRB, Posting

06-07-2009, 09:18 AM

Sponson casts Fine Print
Quote:slang word doesn't mean its law
(That means while it may still be a word, no body gives a dick about it)
The enemy is confused!

[Image: unled1wl.png]
rumsfald

06-07-2009, 09:45 AM

(06-07-2009, 09:03 AM)Sponson link Wrote: So what do they call a gunshot wound to the head?

Blown Mind. But I think Acute Lead Poisoning is more funny.

(06-07-2009, 09:03 AM)Sponson link Wrote: Just because a bunch of over paid transplant surgeons and ER docs make up a shitty slang word doesn't mean its law, or that "they call them donorcycles for a reason".

The accusation was that Valentine "made up" the word "donorcycle" or she was part of some group of douches that like to "make up words" just so they can "catch-on." In this way, donorcycle (physician slang) is like FUBAR, SNAFU (military slang) and Pwn, STFU, OMFG (internet slang) -  it's just an in-joke made by one group of people (in this case trauma doctors), no one is forcing you to like it or to use it.

The reason they are called "donorcycles" is that our brains are very fragile, and it is frighteningly easy to get thrown from a bike at 30mph and become "brain dead," while the rest of the body survives relatively unharmed. Helmet or no helmet. What usually remains functioning is the brain stem, which keeps the heart and lungs alive and in perfect condition for organ donation.

Edited for the hard of thinking.
fyre
BRB, Posting

06-07-2009, 09:50 AM

(06-07-2009, 09:45 AM)rumsfald link Wrote: The accusation was that Valentine "made up" the word or she was part of some group of douches that like to "make up words" just so they can "catch-on." Like FUBAR, SNAFU, Pwn, STFU, OMFG, it's just an in-joke made by one group of people (in this case trauma doctors), no one is forcing you to like it or to use it.

I don't think FUBAR and SNAFU fit in with the textspeak. IIRC, they've been in use since at least WW2.
zaneyard
Made with Whole Gainz (tm)

06-07-2009, 11:54 AM

we made a whole page and two replies on topic guys!! good job!

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
HeK
Rotartsinimda

06-07-2009, 12:05 PM

We have a lot of bikers at my work; in fact, I am the only one in my section who does not have a motorcycle license.

I know a number of co-workers who have owned Honda Shadows and the overall opinion was good.
Even the MP who raves about Harleys is excited about the new Shadow Spirit.

From personal experience, I find that Honda is one of the best engine manufacturers. Their small engines are indestructible. Very well engineered and lots of support. Hell, even most Chinese bike engines are knock-offs of common Honda engines.

You can't go wrong with Honda, but make sure you test out bikes from other popular manufacturers as well, as each as their own perks.
Honest
Ignoooore Meee, kupo

06-07-2009, 01:29 PM

(06-07-2009, 02:36 AM)zaneyard link Wrote: [quote author=Ianki link=topic=3037.msg88797#msg88797 date=1244358481]
Don't be an idiot.  You save a little gas, but not only do you look like a douch (belive me, in iowa city i see douch bags riding around within a five mile radius with their 2 wheel penis cycles enough), but they are like death traps.  At least with mopeds you can join a mod gang and listen to quadrophenia all day, and never reach the velocity to kill yourself or others.

But honestly, buy a bike.  15 miles aint shit, and girls will dig the body over the gear.
last time i tried to put my bicycle up to 65 mph the pedals fell off Sad

idk this is a big maybe. highly doubt at all that im gonna have the money anyway. I'm getting money back from school because tuition is cheap. Ill prolly just end up building a computer  Smile
[/quote]

Build a computercycle. TF2 while you drive.

(05-10-2009, 07:39 PM)Radio Raheem link Wrote:in the straightest way possible i have to say honest is by far the best looking person here

zaneyard

06-07-2009, 01:38 PM

(06-07-2009, 12:05 PM)HeK link Wrote: We have a lot of bikers at my work; in fact, I am the only one in my section who does not have a motorcycle license.

I know a number of co-workers who have owned Honda Shadows and the overall opinion was good.
Even the MP who raves about Harleys is excited about the new Shadow Spirit.

From personal experience, I find that Honda is one of the best engine manufacturers. Their small engines are indestructible. Very well engineered and lots of support. Hell, even most Chinese bike engines are knock-offs of common Honda engines.

You can't go wrong with Honda, but make sure you test out bikes from other popular manufacturers as well, as each as their own perks.
my friend drives a VTX from honda thats why i was looking at the shadow, i was there when he was looking at purchasing his bike.
(06-07-2009, 01:29 PM)Honest link Wrote: [quote author=zaneyard link=topic=3037.msg88800#msg88800 date=1244360217]
[quote author=Ianki link=topic=3037.msg88797#msg88797 date=1244358481]
Don't be an idiot.  You save a little gas, but not only do you look like a douch (belive me, in iowa city i see douch bags riding around within a five mile radius with their 2 wheel penis cycles enough), but they are like death traps.  At least with mopeds you can join a mod gang and listen to quadrophenia all day, and never reach the velocity to kill yourself or others.

But honestly, buy a bike.  15 miles aint shit, and girls will dig the body over the gear.
last time i tried to put my bicycle up to 65 mph the pedals fell off Sad

idk this is a big maybe. highly doubt at all that im gonna have the money anyway. I'm getting money back from school because tuition is cheap. Ill prolly just end up building a computer  Smile
[/quote]

Build a computercycle. TF2 while you drive.
[/quote]
i guess i could try
though i think that would be bad for my game.

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
fyre
BRB, Posting

06-07-2009, 01:46 PM

I think you would do well to ask this question on a motorcycle forum.
Valentine Wiggin
Lurker

06-07-2009, 01:48 PM

(06-07-2009, 06:03 AM)Pokemon Trainer Blues link Wrote: [quote author=Valentine Wiggin link=topic=3037.msg88777#msg88777 date=1244353505]
there's a reason they call them donorcycles, don't do it

Either you made that up on the spot, or the people in your area are all those douches that make up words and try to slide them into conversations repeatedly until they catch on. Except they never do.

Also, bikes are neat, but only if you have a reliable car first.
[/quote]

i didn't make it up, in college i got certified as an emt-b and that's what they were called.  and it's half due to the people riding them and half due to the other people driving around them.  a coworker was riding her motorcycle to the bank the other day and the car in the lane next to her didn't see her when switching lanes and ran her off the road.

also, i got hit this year when this lady coming from the opposite direction lost control and came across the turn lane and into mine (just bought the car too Sad).  would've been really messed up if it were a motorcycle.
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2009, 01:51 PM by Valentine Wiggin.)
zaneyard

06-07-2009, 01:49 PM

(06-07-2009, 01:46 PM)fyre link Wrote: I think you would do well to ask this question on a motorcycle forum.
ehh, im not really that serious about it that i need to go find some pros about it
just kinda trying to spark conversation, and get some info about it at the same time

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
Kor
Crits = Skill

06-07-2009, 01:54 PM

Having watched my old man ride on and off for nearly 25 years, a few points come to mind:

Wear Leather; No matter how hot you might get, or uncomfortable you might be, nothing, and I mean nothing is a better investment. It's saved my old man twice

Honda's really are superior machines; Leathers saved him twice, and twice he's laid a Honda down. The only thing they needed were fresh paint jobs and mirrors.

Riding requires confidence; Not only in your own riding skill, but in your ability to maintain awareness of everything going on around you. People rarely respect motorcycles as vehicles; you need to take the added responsibility of forcing people to see you, and more importantly hear you.

I'd be riding myself right now if it fiscally possible, there are few things like it.

[Image: sig.jpg]

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. -Albert Einstein
fyre
BRB, Posting

06-07-2009, 02:07 PM

Well...I have no first-hand experience with motorcycles. But from what I know, it should be a fairly serious commitment. You should definitely buy good-quality safety gear (not just a helmet, but boots, gloves, a jacket, and maybe pants), you should take a safety course, etc. I'm not sure how much money you'll really save, because I would think the insurance would be quite high. Not sure about that though. And of course, in most parts of the country you'll need to own a car too anyway, because of the weather.

But yeah, I'm sure there is a lot of information online if you decide you're serious about it.
zaneyard

06-07-2009, 02:25 PM

(06-07-2009, 02:07 PM)fyre link Wrote: Well...I have no first-hand experience with motorcycles. But from what I know, it should be a fairly serious commitment. You should definitely buy good-quality safety gear (not just a helmet, but boots, gloves, a jacket, and maybe pants), you should take a safety course, etc. I'm not sure how much money you'll really save, because I would think the insurance would be quite high. Not sure about that though. And of course, in most parts of the country you'll need to own a car too anyway, because of the weather.

But yeah, I'm sure there is a lot of information online if you decide you're serious about it.
have a car already
if i decide upon getting one, i would take a safety course at either stocks harley davidson, or the technical college i attend
would most likely get a leather jacket and such

also, insurance is like a tenth of the price than that of a car from what i have been told
thanks for the insight everyone

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2009, 02:27 PM by zaneyard.)
Blues
BRB, Posting

06-07-2009, 04:02 PM

(06-07-2009, 08:17 AM)rumsfald link Wrote: Earliest Citation:
Organ donors are not just people who die. They are young, healthy people who die unexpectedly — usually from a violent accident, suicide or crime, such as a motorcycle crash or a gunshot wound to the head. Transplant surgeons sometimes refer to motorcycles as "donorcycles."
—Don Colburn, "Transplants: Who Lives? Who Decides?," The Washington Post, January 20, 1987

Quote: Transplant surgeons sometimes refer to motorcycles as "donorcycles."
—Don Colburn, "Transplants: Who Lives? Who Decides?," The Washington Post, January 20, 1987

Quote:Transplants: Who Lives? Who Decides?," The Washington Post, January 20, 1987

Quote:Washington Post, January 20, 1987

Quote:1987

My bad, forgot she's supposed to be like twice my age or something, guess I'm not familiar with slang that cycled out in my birthyear. I guess I have been shown who is boss.

Also:
(06-07-2009, 08:17 AM)rumsfald link Wrote: Earliest Citation:
Organ donors are not just people who die when they are killed.

[Image: bluelunk.png]
FREE THE SANDWICH!
SANDWICH THREAD
[glow=blue,2,300]WOMBO COMBO[/glow]
[b]IM2GUEWD[b]
cbre88x
Seabreeze: That Damn Sniper

06-07-2009, 04:16 PM

Motorcycles aren't for the wreckless. The stories I've heard involve stupid CAR drivers running into cyclist and vice versa.

I'm not going to post any stories simply because it's so damn graphic. Just know that motorcycles require an extremely high awareness level and turns that you may be able to take at high speeds in cars are not possible with motorcycles (well maybe crotch rockets, but that's a different story).

Ianki
Pedo^H^H Appreciator of the Youth

06-07-2009, 04:46 PM

(06-07-2009, 04:02 PM)Pokemon Trainer Blues link Wrote: i use big fonts to mask the fact that i'm pissed to be wrong.

refreshing honesty
Blues
BRB, Posting

06-07-2009, 04:57 PM

(06-07-2009, 04:46 PM)Ianki link Wrote: I'm lost on 5 year old memes so I'll assume I won an e-fight.

FREE THE SANDWICH!
SANDWICH THREAD
[b]IM2GUEWD[b]
Valentine Wiggin
Lurker

06-07-2009, 05:00 PM

blues u mad?
Blues
BRB, Posting

06-07-2009, 05:10 PM

(06-07-2009, 05:00 PM)Valentine Wiggin link Wrote: blues u mad?
lolurmad

FREE THE SANDWICH!
SANDWICH THREAD
[b]IM2GUEWD[b]
fyre
BRB, Posting

06-07-2009, 05:12 PM

inb4lokc