Hello There, Guest! Register

RAGE
Maxon
BRB, Posting

10-04-2011, 11:58 PM

Can someone get on the steam forums for Rage and post this into the stickied bug thread for me?  I made up an account to post in there, but they have some moderation BS on and it's not letting me post at all.  Just say it's for someone who can't get on their Steam account.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/sh...?t=2154053

"I've tried the AMD driver install, with driver wipe before, added the rage config, and added the launch options to Rage along with turning on Triple Buffering on the catalyst control and I currently don't have seriously bad texture popping and I have good framerate.

My only problem is the texture mosaic I get that I can't seem to figure out how to fix.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/maxon/scree...tab=public

I've also tried the Catalyst AI disable thing.

Any help would be appreciated.  Won't be able to post back, but if someone has a fix, I'll make sure it gets confirmed if it does fix it.

Radeon HD4800
6gigs of RAM
Windows 7 64bit"

[Image: gokubitchslapmod.gif]
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2011, 12:51 AM by Maxon.)
Vandamguy

10-05-2011, 04:33 AM

Ill give you the response i got from tech support
[spoiler]try uninstalling and reinstalling [/spoiler]
Maxon
BRB, Posting

10-05-2011, 02:43 PM

Fuck it, I'm getting a refund.  First time I've done this on Steam or really any games short of Guitar Hero for faulty hardware.  It seems that Bethesda and Id are focused on the drivers are the issues, but that would only fix my texture problem, if that was even the issue.  I'm still crashing a multiple points, such as Mutant Bash TV, the first Sewers, and going back to the Ghost Hideout.  I'm tired of this.  I'll pick the game back up maybe a few months from now after I know it's working, cause I can put that 60 bucks to something else I want like Skyrim next month.

cbre88x
Seabreeze: That Damn Sniper

10-05-2011, 03:01 PM

(10-05-2011, 02:43 PM)Maxon link Wrote: Fuck it, I'm getting a refund.  First time I've done this on Steam or really any games short of Guitar Hero for faulty hardware.  It seems that Bethesda and Id are focused on the drivers are the issues, but that would only fix my texture problem, if that was even the issue.  I'm still crashing a multiple points, such as Mutant Bash TV, the first Sewers, and going back to the Ghost Hideout.  I'm tired of this.  I'll pick the game back up maybe a few months from now after I know it's working, cause I can put that 60 bucks to something else I want like Skyrim next month.

+1 for the patience yo. that is pure bullshit that it is unplayable

Maxon
BRB, Posting

10-05-2011, 03:40 PM

I can put up with ALOT...I mean, I've played the hell out of Fallout 3, New Vegas, and all the STALKER games, probably some of the buggiest games out there, but I've never had to put so much work into a game, just to make it ALMOST playable, than I have with Rage.  And that doesn't even count how bad the game is as a PC game, not including any graphic options at all, going purely off automation.  "Supposed to Work", doesn't all work and I would rather have the option to change settings if and when the automatic adjuster doesn't work right.  On a number of games, they'll do recommended settings, but doesn't mean it's a guarantee that it'll be perfect for you.  Sometimes you gotta bump down the shadows, or bump down the textures.  Sometimes your able to bump up the settings some and get away with a higher graphical option. 

There is no more fitting name than what Rage has.

[fr31ns]Karrde
The Handy Murse

10-05-2011, 05:14 PM

You sure this isn't a huge joke from Carmack designed just to make gamers RAGE?

<+Karrde> welp, time to learn some basic patterning skills
<@Negate> 12121212121212121212
<@Negate> there is a simple pattern
<+Karrde> I changed my mind.  Gonna cosplay as a gay demon from hell and get negate raped instead XD
<+Caffeine`work> Karrde: Gay demon? Why would you need to cosplay just go as yourself
<+FlyingMongoose> Caffeine`work: Karrde would actually have to tone it down some.
Squishy3
Closet Furry

10-06-2011, 09:21 AM

So this runs great for me aside from the texture pop-in. Which would be fine if it wasn't as frequent as it is. I got used to it happening with Gears of War. I mean it's not the biggest issue, just bugs me that it happens so often. Absolutely no screen-tearing and the FPS is great, at least so far.

Spore
2 guys, no cups necessary

10-06-2011, 11:45 AM

It worries me that this is the engine Doom 4 is to be built upon.

Feeling generous? Karf is a respectable human being. http://i.imgur.com/MTVw5.png
Thank you, Mr. Pelican.
cbre88x

10-06-2011, 12:13 PM

(10-06-2011, 11:45 AM)Spore link Wrote: It worries me that this is the engine Doom 4 is to be built upon.

You could possibly think of Rage as a beta of the engine? Hopefully, Doom 4 won't be like that.

Maxon
BRB, Posting

10-06-2011, 12:26 PM

If there's any comfort, Carmack said that it was a mistake not making PC the focus of Rage, so hopefully he'll be smarter about things with Doom 4.  I mean, when the game runs right, it looks great.  They just need to make sure that it works great for EVERYONE lol

Maxon
BRB, Posting

10-06-2011, 04:12 PM

Well I got my refund and Redbox got the game in on PS3, so I rented that for 2 bucks.  Pissed I can't play it how I want, but at least I'm not completely left out now.

Squishy3
Closet Furry

10-06-2011, 05:24 PM

Okay so the only other problem I have is when I exit a bandit hideout the overworld graphics get fucked up. But all I need to do is save and reload and it's fine.

Maxon
BRB, Posting

10-06-2011, 07:09 PM

The PS3 version does only abit better on texture loading and muddy textures that I've heard about with the PC version.  You can actively watch stuff load in.  It's not Brink bad, but just enough to be noticeable. It can look good if you don't look at the environments up close at all.

Spore
2 guys, no cups necessary

10-07-2011, 06:17 PM

I think we lost Carmack, guys.

http://kotaku.com/5847761/why-was-the-pc...-a-cluster

Feeling generous? Karf is a respectable human being. http://i.imgur.com/MTVw5.png
Thank you, Mr. Pelican.
Maxon
BRB, Posting

10-07-2011, 06:54 PM

What a load of shit.  Rage doesn't even look that good on PS3. Obvious texture loading and muddy textures makes me think that id tech 5 was a waste of effort or at least isn't at the point of being done right yet. If your not gonna put extra work into a PC version that requires alittle more work to give people the options they want, then don't make a PC version.  I'd rather not see one than them half-ass the PC port and then blame all of the faults on drivers.

at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

10-07-2011, 09:15 PM

(10-07-2011, 06:17 PM)Spore link Wrote: I think we lost Carmack, guys.

Quote:"We do not see the PC as the leading platform for games," Carmack added.
stopped reading right after that. He makes a good point about a high-end PC being 10x as good as a console, but if you can't get the game to run reliably on a PC that's >1x as good as a console, you've got other problems.

"If you want to be a Double E, bend over and grab your knees...."
"Atom is Sexy!" <-- Donate your own pic to the cause!
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none. -Sun Tzu
Squishy3
Closet Furry

10-08-2011, 08:58 AM

The game runs great for almost everyone I've talked to now except for the texture pop-in, which also happens on PS3 and 360. Although not as bad on 360, it's still pretty bad on PS3. My big problem is that every 4-5 loads the level fails to load properly and it's unplayable in that state, but when I reload my save it's just fine. Functionally, the game works fine. Graphically, there are some problems. It at least doesn't corrupt your saves every other save like Fallout 3 and New Vegas did.

cbre88x

10-08-2011, 11:03 AM

(10-08-2011, 08:58 AM)Squishy link Wrote: The game runs great for almost everyone I've talked to now except for the texture pop-in, which also happens on PS3 and 360. Although not as bad on 360, it's still pretty bad on PS3. My big problem is that every 4-5 loads the level fails to load properly and it's unplayable in that state, but when I reload my save it's just fine. Functionally, the game works fine. Graphically, there are some problems. It at least doesn't corrupt your saves every other save like Fallout 3 and New Vegas did.

Yea I rented on the PS3 the other day. Texture pop in bugged the hell out of me.

Dr. Zaius
Uninstalling

10-10-2011, 05:05 PM

(10-07-2011, 09:15 PM)at0m link Wrote: [quote author=Spore link=topic=6009.msg225964#msg225964 date=1318029422]
I think we lost Carmack, guys.

Quote:"We do not see the PC as the leading platform for games," Carmack added.
stopped reading right after that.
[/quote]

This. Call me an entitled elitist bitch, but I've played both fields and if I'm pouring 650 into a new/upgraded tower every 3 to 4 years, I sure as shit better be getting games that utilize the tech. I'm not some pleb who just wants it to 'work out of the box'.

Also there is so much troll and fail and dumb in those comments.

/rant

'Meditation is supposedly the only way to Enlightenment because the only way to find this truth is through inner reflection - therefore, what you are finding to be the truth in your personal journey should ultimately be exactly what I find to be the truth, though all of our journeys are unique.'
Maxon
BRB, Posting

10-10-2011, 05:17 PM

Shows that they know they did something wrong as they released a patch today I believe that fixed some problems and added more game settings.