Hello There, Guest! Register

HL2 is still awesome
Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

09-25-2008, 08:42 PM

http://ludus1942.ngi.it/index.html

It ramps up the game so it's like a full scale war the entire way through, and gives you a huge set of weapons/classes to combat it with.  There's all kinds of balance issues with certain classes/weapons being way overpowered compared to others, and it makes some areas way easier (Ravenholm/anything with zombies pretty much) and other's a lot harder.  But the sheer amount of content is really fun to play around with.  Also it WILL inevitably crash sometimes, but I've played for hours at a time without it doing so.

(09-11-2008, 05:11 PM)Dave link Wrote:i would totaly ride that gay ass dragon thing.
Luinbariel
Snailcat ..@:3

09-25-2008, 09:28 PM

I actually just finished HL2 today...

I really like being in the graveyard with Father Grigori and all the randomly placed saw blades... SO MUCH FUN to wreck shit up with those.

Or, anywhere that there is a zombie and a paint can. :3
Eschatos
Jack Thompson Fan Club Member

09-25-2008, 09:29 PM

Also try Coastline to Atmosphere.  It's a massive single player mod that's almost as long as Half Life 2.

Ceceil Felias
Slave to no man

09-26-2008, 03:01 AM

SMod.

Fucking SMod, why didn't anyone mention it?

Just beat the game with it. Really fun (and I love Gordon Kick), but it becomes incredibly easy once you get the laser rifle. Large groups of enemy soldiers? A little burst of alt-fire and BOOM! Snipers? Easy picking. Striders? Prepare for the Magnusson effect if you get trigger-happy. I mean, really. You can even drop it before your weapons are confiscated in the citadel, and you can pick it back up again for, well, complete and utter chaos at your fingertips up until Dark Energy.
Budr

09-26-2008, 04:33 AM

(09-25-2008, 09:29 PM)Eschatos link Wrote: Also try Coastline to Atmosphere.  It's a massive single player mod that's almost as long as Half Life 2.

I found the level design really uninspired when I played that. If this is turning into a list of recommended SP mods, I'll throw in:

Mistake of Pythagoras - by the same guy who made the Portal map I recommended here. Not hugely polished in any technical sense but I think this fellow's a genius and his work just has this beautiful elegance to it.

Minerva - got a load of acclaim and some coverage recently when the designer was hired by Valve for Episode 3. Same bloke who made Someplace Else back in the day.
Squishy3
Closet Furry

09-26-2008, 10:57 AM

(09-25-2008, 08:42 PM)Wedge link Wrote: http://ludus1942.ngi.it/index.html

It ramps up the game so it's like a full scale war the entire way through, and gives you a huge set of weapons/classes to combat it with.  There's all kinds of balance issues with certain classes/weapons being way overpowered compared to others, and it makes some areas way easier (Ravenholm/anything with zombies pretty much) and other's a lot harder.  But the sheer amount of content is really fun to play around with.  Also it WILL inevitably crash sometimes, but I've played for hours at a time without it doing so.
headcrab grenade is made of win and awesome.