Hello There, Guest! Register

Poll: ..
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
51.16%
22 51.16%
No
4.65%
2 4.65%
Jesus, just stfu already.
13.95%
6 13.95%
You embarass us all, fyre. (Hint: This is not the correct answer)
30.23%
13 30.23%
Total 43 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Does humanity embarrass you?
Evil Cheese
Sad Keeanu

04-10-2009, 11:08 PM

I guess I shouldn't wear my NASCAR shirt around you then should I?
Luinbariel
Snailcat ..@:3

04-11-2009, 08:51 AM

(04-10-2009, 05:27 PM)fyre link Wrote: This forum needs a public poll option so I can see which five people voted against me. :'(

What do you care? Does it really matter so much what other people think?
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

04-11-2009, 09:21 AM

I voted yes but it was mainly because of war, politics, and how everyone in charge seems to put themselves or their prejudices above actually solving peoples problems.

Sometimes I think if aliens pop down and asked to describe the people of our planet I wouldn't really know what to say.  I guess if they really wanted to kill off our populations Day The Earth Stood Still style (original) I'd say start at the top and work your way down till things get better.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
Dave
White Lighting - Extra 50% Free

04-11-2009, 09:24 AM

i would stab them in the neck and say: "suck a narclar oozebag!"

then probably lead a human revoloution or somthing

take that keeanu reeves douche.

Vlambo
BRB, Posting

04-11-2009, 09:29 AM

Well considering I constantly think of killing off 75% of all my classmates, and think the world would be a better place without them, I say a resounding YES
Surf314

04-11-2009, 09:39 AM

(04-11-2009, 09:24 AM)Dave link Wrote: i would stab them in the neck and say: "suck a narclar oozebag!"

then probably lead a human revoloution or somthing

take that keeanu reeves douche.

You gotta see the original, it makes a lot more sense.  Basically the aliens are all like our weapons are too strong to fight each other so we know we can't but you guys aren't going to stay on your planet forever so we need to know you won't fight us now before you get weapons like ours.

Benito Mussolini
1 More!

04-11-2009, 12:22 PM

Seeing how the "yes" answer is winning, I think I'll start a big movement.

Nothing as bad as what Hitler did. I do want to clean the world of its trash, but I will keep in mind that any religion is equally bad. I won't discriminate christians, jews or islamics. All will die if I judge them worthy of a little sacrifice.

Follow me, BRB,U people, into a new world! Let's clean this unpure earth and bring humanity to what it should be!
I say it's time for a change. What you need a leader in that change. Someone capable of bringing his hammer down on the worthless! Follow me into this new era of prosperity for the human race!

[move][glow=black,2,300]  Vote Benito 2012   [/glow][/move]

I'll take over the whole universe.

[move][glow=black,2,300]  Vote Benito 2012   [/glow]                                                         ï@.[/move]
rumsfald

04-11-2009, 12:59 PM

[tt]And don't tell me God works in mysterious ways,' Benito continued, hurtling on over her objection. 'There's nothing so mysterious about it. He's not working at all. He's playing. Or else He's forgotten all about us. That's the kind of God you people talk about - a country bumpkin, a clumsy, bungling, brainless, conceited, uncouth hayseed. Good God, how much reverence can you have for a Supreme Being who finds it necessary to include such phenomena as phlegm and tooth decay in His divine system of creation? What in the world was running through that warped, evil, scatological mind of His when He robbed old people of the power to control their bowel movements? Why in the world did He ever create pain?'

'Pain?' Lieutenant Scheisskopf's wife pounced upon the word victoriously. 'Pain is a useful symptom. Pain is a warning to us of bodily dangers.'

'And who created the dangers?' Benito demanded. He laughed caustically. 'Oh, He was really being charitable to us when He gave us pain! Why couldn't He have used a doorbell instead to notify us, or one of His celestial choirs? Or a system of blue-and-red neon tubes right in the middle of each person's forehead. Any jukebox manufacturer worth his salt could have done that. Why couldn't He?'

'People would certainly look silly walking around with red neon tubes in the middle of their foreheads.'

'They certainly look beautiful now writhing in agony or stupefied with morphine, don't they? What a colossal, immoral blunderer! When you consider the opportunity and power He had to really do a job, and then look at the stupid, ugly little mess He made of it instead, His sheer incompetence is almost staggering. It's obvious He never met a payroll. Why, no self-respecting businessman would hire a bungler like Him as even a shipping clerk!'[/tt]
fyre
BRB, Posting

04-11-2009, 03:23 PM

^^

Good shit, rummy.

(04-11-2009, 12:22 PM)Benito Mussolini link Wrote: Seeing how the "yes" answer is winning, I think I'll start a big movement.

Nothing as bad as what Hitler did. I do want to clean the world of its trash, but I will keep in mind that any religion is equally bad. I won't discriminate christians, jews or islamics. All will die if I judge them worthy of a little sacrifice.

Follow me, BRB,U people, into a new world! Let's clean this unpure earth and bring humanity to what it should be!
I say it's time for a change. What you need a leader in that change. Someone capable of bringing his hammer down on the worthless! Follow me into this new era of prosperity for the human race!

[move][glow=black,2,300]  Vote Benito 2012   [/glow][/move]

I'll take over the whole universe.

Can I be the mad genius who facilitates your conquest of the earth? I'm not really the leader type, but I do have good ideas, if I do say so myself.

(04-11-2009, 08:51 AM)Luinbariel link Wrote: [quote author=fyre link=topic=2679.msg75873#msg75873 date=1239402438]
This forum needs a public poll option so I can see which five people voted against me. :'(
Does it really matter so much what other people think?
[/quote]

Yes. The worth of my entire existence is deeply tied to my standing on this forum.

Also, I generally think public polls are a lot cooler than private.
Radio Raheem
BRB, Posting

04-11-2009, 04:56 PM

(04-11-2009, 12:22 PM)Benito Mussolini link Wrote: [move][glow=black,2,300]  Vote Benito 2012   [/glow][/move]

Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

04-11-2009, 05:28 PM

(04-11-2009, 03:23 PM)fyre link Wrote: ^^

Good shit, rummy.

agreed. also,

(04-11-2009, 12:22 PM)Benito Mussolini link Wrote: [move][glow=black,2,300]  Vote Benito 2012  [/glow][/move]

KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

04-11-2009, 05:42 PM

I voted for you fyre. I didn't get the hint.
Surf314

04-13-2009, 03:36 PM

http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/04/spike-tv-...-show.html

OK so here is my personal feelings on this.  You got one of the poorest nations on the planet.  Pirates with a track record of no killing, rape, whatever.  An unfortunate situation where pirates where cornered and had a member on the US naval ship NEGOTIATING with us.  One of their guys effed up and there was a justifiable loss of life.  And the result is now we are all hoo-ahh lets kill the pirates and film it so Americans can be armchair commandos?

This is kinda embarrassing if you ask me.  Not that I support piracy but come on, the difference in fire power is embarrassing and I have not heard one report of anyone getting killed in one of these pirate attacks.

PS - when did Digg get taken over by neocons?

CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

04-13-2009, 03:55 PM

(04-13-2009, 03:36 PM)Surf314 link Wrote: This is kinda embarrassing if you ask me.  Not that I support piracy but come on, the difference in fire power is embarrassing and I have not heard one report of anyone getting killed in one of these pirate attacks.

PS - when did Digg get taken over by neocons?

Neocons attempted to take over digg, but for the most part get drowned out

Also as far as piracy goes, most companies don't want to risk a rescue, so they just pay up, which only encourages the behavior. If you really want to deal with the pirates, set up a dummy cargo ship filled with marines and let them "attack", its against the international law of the sea and afaik, punishable by death (as it has been for hundreds of years).

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Surf314

04-13-2009, 04:06 PM

I suppose you are right, we are more lenient with piracy than we were but from what I've heard about somalia life's pretty much shit.  And at least becoming a pirate is better than the other things desperate people become in that part of the world.

I guess I just get annoyed that no one seems to care about things until something happens to someone that speaks english and then the answer is kill them, film it and put it on TV.  I'd like to think there is a solution between do nothing and running man.

Badgerman of DOOM
I Stand in Spitter Goo

04-13-2009, 05:34 PM

Step 1) Rescue all ships and crew. This will take some time. All ships ought have a guard of some sort to prevent further captures.
Step 2) When all ships have been rescued, cease sea trade for the period of about a week.
Step 3) Use the combined fury of all the world's armed forces to locate and neutralize all pirate ships located on the sea. Then bomb the fuck out of known pirate hideouts.

Yes, I know nothing will go as smoothly as this. I wish it would though.

Dave
White Lighting - Extra 50% Free

04-13-2009, 06:02 PM

(04-13-2009, 05:34 PM)Ensign Epic link Wrote: Step 1) carry swords

your idea was stupid.

Badgerman of DOOM
I Stand in Spitter Goo

04-13-2009, 06:06 PM

Dave, that ought to be the new step one.

rumsfald

04-13-2009, 08:10 PM

(04-13-2009, 03:36 PM)Surf314 link Wrote: This is kinda embarrassing if you ask me.  Not that I support piracy but come on, the difference in fire power is embarrassing and I have not heard one report of anyone getting killed in one of these pirate attacks.

What is embarrassing is that a US ship got captured. The Captain knew better.

At that point, the US Navy had no choice but to try to demonstrate their superior defense skills, which they did.

At that point, the US Media had no choice but to try to demonstrate their superior douchebag skills, which they did.

The right wing will eat it up because they can chant "USA, USA, USA." The left wing will eat it up because the "Obama ordered it" angle buys a week or two that the right-wing can't call them pussies.

Deconstruction - America
Surf314

04-13-2009, 08:21 PM

I guess I should clarify a bit, I think the navy handled the situation properly.  I mean it shows a lot that they could take all the captors out in an instant but they waited until there was a reasonable cause to believe the pirates might shoot the captain.  They even brought in FBI negotiators to handle the situation peacefully.

What disgusts me is that they now want to make hunting down these guys a reality TV show, and that not only do people want to watch it but they are hoping for this outcome on air with or without hostage.  And most of my rage came by reading the digg comments about how "wicked bad the show is going to be."