Piercings, ink and assorted modifications
rumsfald

12-22-2011, 06:22 PM

[Image: IMG_1460.JPG]

This might be my favorite tatt ever.
Vongore
The Chilean God of Lightning

12-23-2011, 09:27 AM

Add a Burka on that pig and i'm doing it on my chest.

But really, no, that's pretty offensive and guarantees you a couple rocks on your head everytime you go to the beach

rumsfald

12-23-2011, 11:20 AM

(12-23-2011, 09:27 AM)Vongore link Wrote: But really, no, that's pretty offensive and guarantees you a couple rocks on your head everytime you go to the beach

I don't know the tattoo owner, but my presumption is this tattoo tells a story of her life: she was born and raised Jewish and treasures that heritage but later in life adopted a more liberal view of Kosher food laws and discovered bacon, the greatest of meats. So, she's a proud Jew who's also a serious food lover. I find it rare that tattoos tell that type of intimate, personal story in a unique (and playful) way.
ZargonX
Hit em with a Splersh

12-23-2011, 11:53 AM

(12-23-2011, 11:20 AM)rumsfald link Wrote: [quote author=Vongore link=topic=1502.msg234294#msg234294 date=1324650461]
But really, no, that's pretty offensive and guarantees you a couple rocks on your head everytime you go to the beach

I don't know the tattoo owner, but my presumption is this tattoo tells a story of her life: she was born and raised Jewish and treasures that heritage but later in life adopted a more liberal view of Kosher food laws and discovered bacon, the greatest of meats. So, she's a proud Jew who's also a serious food lover. I find it rare that tattoos tell that type of intimate, personal story in a unique (and playful) way.
[/quote]

True story from just this morning:

I head down to the coffee shop to pick up some breakfast. Second in line, behind this big biker-looking dude. There is a new girl at the register, so things are going a little slower. She's in short sleeves, and on her left arm, just above the wrist, she's got a big tattoo. It's an outline of what looks like a country, with two numbers inscribed inside of the shape. The biker guy notices it and notes that it's an interesting design. He asks what it means. Her answer, verbatim: "oh, it's the GPS coordinates of a clinic in the Czech Republic where I got an abortion six years ago."

How do you even respond to that? The biker guy stood there dumbfounded for a few moments, then finally just nodded. "I guess that's pretty meaningful for you." He then walks off with his coffee and does not look back.

Spectacle Rock - Witty Slogan Here