Hello There, Guest! Register

Poll: What's your job skill?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Land
35.29%
6 35.29%
Manufacturing
58.82%
10 58.82%
Construction
5.88%
1 5.88%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

SRS eRepublik Thread
Wyrmidon
BRB, Posting

09-06-2009, 09:40 PM

the eJapanese government is in trouble at the moment, if it doesn't get better I'll consider moving to US to help, but for now i'll join the Benito bandwagon and send monetary help when i can.

[Image: believebanner7.jpg]
Luinbariel
Snailcat ..@:3

09-06-2009, 09:50 PM

Since HeK doesn't play anymore and I manage his account...

... as soon as he's able to quit his job I'll move him to the US and join your oil company. Keep a spot open for me!
Neonie
The Alphabet has 24 Letters

09-06-2009, 10:23 PM

(09-06-2009, 09:50 PM)Luinbariel link Wrote: Since HeK doesn't play anymore and I manage his account...

... as soon as he's able to quit his job I'll move him to the US and join your oil company. Keep a spot open for me!

You realize if they catch you doing that your going to wind up like Wizzie_Don? It's against the ToS to have two accounts, even if the account did belong to someone previously.

Totla
Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt!

09-06-2009, 10:30 PM

(09-06-2009, 10:23 PM)Neonie in a Suit link Wrote: [quote author=Luinbariel link=topic=3561.msg111759#msg111759 date=1252291818]

You realize if they catch you doing that your going to wind up like Wizzie_Don? It's against the ToS to have two accounts, even if the account did belong to someone previously.
[/quote]Or she could explain that one account is her's, and one is her husband's. Since they live together, they have the same IP address, and they're not just making alt accounts.

(09-14-2010, 10:54 PM)Kor link Wrote:I'm pretty sure my mental image of Tort is 100% accurate now.

TORT IS CARVED OUT OF GRANITE.

Mr. Face
Necrophiliamaniac

09-06-2009, 10:44 PM

(09-06-2009, 10:30 PM)Tortilla link Wrote: [quote author=Neonie in a Suit link=topic=3561.msg111771#msg111771 date=1252293785]
[quote author=Luinbariel link=topic=3561.msg111759#msg111759 date=1252291818]

[/quote]Or she could explain that one account is her's, and one is her husband's. Since they live together, they have the same IP address, and they're not just making alt accounts.
[/quote]
HUSBAND :o

MY MIND HAS BEEN BOGGLED

Sticks and stones may break my bones (but -1s hurt forever ;_Wink
copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

09-07-2009, 06:53 AM

So I've been going through tons of guns for fighting. I buy them in lots of 10 at ~7USD a piece. Are there places where these can be had significantly cheaper (I don't have gold so said person would preferably have their owns means to convert USD -> foo), and who would I have to go through to do that (I do it a lot so an active middleman is a plus)

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
Luinbariel

09-07-2009, 10:02 AM

(09-06-2009, 10:23 PM)Neonie in a Suit link Wrote: [quote author=Luinbariel link=topic=3561.msg111759#msg111759 date=1252291818]

[/quote]

Probably? I don't really care. We do live in the same house as Tortilla said, and I'll mention it if I have to, but thus far it seems to be going fine. I don't do much in game other than work and fight, and donate whatever gold I get to brb.u.

Also Mr. Face he's not quite my husband, but we live together and have been together for like 6 years now. Close enough.
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

09-07-2009, 10:22 AM

(09-07-2009, 06:53 AM)CopulatingDuck link Wrote: So I've been going through tons of guns for fighting. I buy them in lots of 10 at ~7USD a piece. Are there places where these can be had significantly cheaper (I don't have gold so said person would preferably have their owns means to convert USD -> foo), and who would I have to go through to do that (I do it a lot so an active middleman is a plus)

erepublik.ws gives you all the product prices. The best way to do it is set up an org in a cheap country and funnel all your purchases through it. I think Latvia is the best all around place. I was doing that but I needed to move my org to the US to run the companies.

Also updated all the donation records to the best of my knowledge.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2009, 10:41 AM by Surf314.)
Luinbariel

09-07-2009, 11:10 AM

(09-07-2009, 10:22 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: [quote author=CopulatingDuck link=topic=3561.msg111832#msg111832 date=1252324404]
So I've been going through tons of guns for fighting. I buy them in lots of 10 at ~7USD a piece. Are there places where these can be had significantly cheaper (I don't have gold so said person would preferably have their owns means to convert USD -> foo), and who would I have to go through to do that (I do it a lot so an active middleman is a plus)

erepublik.ws gives you all the product prices. The best way to do it is set up an org in a cheap country and funnel all your purchases through it. I think Latvia is the best all around place. I was doing that but I needed to move my org to the US to run the companies.

Also updated all the donation records to the best of my knowledge.
[/quote]

Fixed my record on the sheet, I had already added the extra 5 gold I'd sent today, just realized I forgot to tell you (you had added 5 I hadn't donated).

Should be set for me now.
Neonie

09-07-2009, 11:26 AM

I just donated 14 gold, hey dad can I have the keys to the car? I promise I won't play with the radio.

By the way, yes that was asking for access to the org account 8P.

Also wik, you have enough monies now to upgrade yo land company to Q2 yo.

Surf314

09-07-2009, 01:57 PM

(09-07-2009, 11:26 AM)Neonie in a Suit link Wrote: I just donated 14 gold, hey dad can I have the keys to the car? I promise I won't play with the radio.

By the way, yes that was asking for access to the org account 8P.

Also wik, you have enough monies now to upgrade yo land company to Q2 yo.

K, upgrading and sending you the PWs and the infos.

Edit: well all yous guys (and ladies) with substantial investment in BRBU we can use this thread to discuss our strategies I guess.

From what I've gathered the most important companies to boost the quality on are the materials because each quality star counts as one stock added, so we basically just doubled the value of our oil. The production cost in productivity does drop but not by as much as the value rises. The problem with bumping quality on items is that with moving tickets and to a certain extent food most people don't care about quality level and will just buy what is cheapest. Guns most just want Q1 as well unless they are really high level. Gifts and houses are things desirable at higher levels though, but again you lose the "don't know much about this game" market that just buys the first thing on the list and don't know to check the cost per Q.

So it seems for current planning the best investment would be to bump the oil company up another Q at the cost of 50. The other option would be to get into another industry which our only current option is wood and houses. But then we run into the same issue of needing as high a Q possible in the mats to be able to reap the most benefits and be able to compete in the labor market. I have what could be a massively profitable plan that involves setting up an org/mat company in greece for iron or australia for diamonds but to really work we'd need a large start up fund. Like 100+ gold to set up 2 companies and bump the Q of our mats at least by one. It would be massively profitable because there is no high iron or diamond region in the US. Another option would be to buy export licenses to start selling moving tickets in countries with higher prices. These cost 20 gold each and may add more profit than spending 50 gold to bump our oil up another Q.

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2009, 02:19 PM by Surf314.)
A. Crow
Surprise Whopper

09-07-2009, 02:23 PM

can't we just tactically nuke the competition? 

Surf314

09-07-2009, 02:29 PM

(09-07-2009, 02:23 PM)A. Crow link Wrote: can't we just tactically nuke the competition? 

Hmmmm let me look in to that.

Also we have a ton of food to give away, so if you are currently making crap money send BRBU a PM and I will send you some food so you can save up a bit.

A. Crow
Surprise Whopper

09-07-2009, 02:36 PM

(09-07-2009, 02:29 PM)Surf314 link Wrote: [quote author=A. Crow link=topic=3561.msg111924#msg111924 date=1252351401]

Also we have a ton of food to give away, so if you are currently making crap money send BRBU a PM and I will send you some food so you can save up a bit.
[/quote]

will work for food.

Surf314

09-07-2009, 02:40 PM

(09-07-2009, 02:36 PM)A. Crow link Wrote: [quote author=Surf314 link=topic=3561.msg111926#msg111926 date=1252351768]
[quote author=A. Crow link=topic=3561.msg111924#msg111924 date=1252351401]

[/quote]

will work for food.
[/quote]

What industry?

Neonie

09-07-2009, 02:46 PM

If you send me food it takes me roughly 7 days to make one gold on the U.S. currency market.

Also, I think we should have a "Thanks for joining our company" copy pasta. I'm currently thinking of things to say for that.

"Thanks for joining one of Brbu's company's, we're currently working to make our company's the best they can be and value our employee's. If you go up in skill we will do our best to match current market wages so you don't have to company hop. This provides extra room for the employee so they don't have to wait 3 days to quit if they so decided every time they go up in skill. If you feel like you've been forgotten please send us a PM and we will attain to your needs as quickly as possible.

Thanks and have a pleasant time working for us ^_^

http://www.brbuninstalling.com/forum/"

What do you guys think? Also Surf can we have a forum category dedicated to this? It might make everything more organized xD

Surf314

09-07-2009, 03:05 PM

^Hmm I dunno it really depends on how much people stick with this game.

I readjusted wages and offers for both the companies. I redid the job openings for NFO to be at cost to start it up since our profits would rise as their skill goes up. I immediately filled all the skill 2 openings since it turned out to be $2 higher than the next best opening on the job market (lol). Added 2 more vacancies paying $1.5 less since that still keeps us at the top of the market but makes us those $1.5. Just that one quality bump made a huge difference in our profits and the wages we can offer!

For BRBU Air I decided to set us a target of $2 per day per person for now (at least for the best workers). This can change later but I upped all our best workers salaries to that. That would get us a profit of $20 a day which isn't too shabby. We are at max productivity now but don't worry if you want to get a job, we got plenty of dead weight to get rid of (Totla get your wellness up!).

Also on Neonie's Idea, that would be great but we should only do it for our best workers since we will be continually dumping our subpar workers for BRBU people as needed. I don't really want to have a line of communication open that they can bitch at us. I've found building loyalty mostly comes down to upping their wages every once in awhile to keep up with their skills, even if you lag a bit. Then they feel like they can trust you enough not to search the job market.

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2009, 03:08 PM by Surf314.)
Neonie

09-07-2009, 03:08 PM

(09-07-2009, 03:05 PM)Surf314 link Wrote: ^Hmm I dunno it really depends on how much people stick with this game.

I readjusted wages and offers for both the companies. I redid the job openings for NFO to be at cost to start it up since our profits would rise as their skill goes up. I immediately filled all the skill 2 openings since it turned out to be $2 higher than the next best opening on the job market (lol). Added 2 more vacancies paying $1.5 less since that still keeps us at the top of the market but makes us those $1.5. Just that one quality bump made a huge difference in our profits and the wages we can offer!

For BRBU Air I decided to set us a target of $2 per day per person for now (at least for the best workers). This can change later but I upped all our best workers salaries to that. That would get us a profit of $20 a day which isn't too shabby. We are at max productivity now but don't worry if you want to get a job, we got plenty of dead weight to get rid of (Totla get your wellness up!).

I did adjust one persons salary because they had reached level 4 skill and the current market price was 14, so if their still there we would of lost them soon. Hope that's ok. (Kind of wish there was a note board on org accounts xD)

Surf314

09-07-2009, 03:13 PM

Make sure you use erepublik.ws to figure the economics out first. I had just upped him to $12, at $14 that will definately make him happy to stay but we lose 85 cents on him a day for now until he gets his skill up some more (4.3 which is about 6 days). Remember there are some industries we just can't compete with in the job market and some people are taking huge losses on their employees for god knows what reason. It's cool though because we still have a lot of free stock we are working through and we have a supply of oil we make money on anyways so we can lose some money in our Manu company and make it back in our land company.

The other thing to look at when you check the labor market is the Q of the company. Higher Q will be able to pay a lot more, but at higher skill levels when people are more knowledgeable they will be less likely to commit to the wellness hit. Especially when the wars die down and people have to self sustain their wellness.

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2009, 03:15 PM by Surf314.)
Neonie

09-07-2009, 03:15 PM

(09-07-2009, 03:13 PM)Surf314 link Wrote: Make sure you use erepublik.ws to figure the economics out first. I had just upped him to $12, at $14 that will definately make him happy to stay but we lose 85 cents on him a day for now until he gets his skill up some more (4.3 which is about 6 days). Remember there are some industries we just can't compete with in the job market and some people are taking huge losses on their employees for god knows what reason. It's cool though because we still have a lot of free stock we are working through and we have a supply of oil we make money on anyways so we can lose some money in our Manu company and make it back in our land company.

Awesome ok I'll take note of that. I hadn't really thought it threw derp. I haven't checked the .ws account yet I should probably do that. But ya the guy certainly looks like he knows what he's doing he's at 100 health 8).