Demomen thread for non-American Drunks. [demos4ever]
Turtle
Justin Bieber

12-13-2009, 09:12 AM

tf2 is like WoW + CSS but with less babbies

backfire
Uninstalling

12-13-2009, 11:41 PM

So, as this appears to be the main "Demo vs Soldier" thread despite its name, I'll just use it as such.

Anyways,

BREAKING NEWS!

Catch is, it's from the steam forums, so take it with a grain of salt.

As what occurred with the Sniper vs Spy update, there have been multiple reports of a similar event happening on the first page of the War! It seems people have been spotting a wrench being tossed upon one of our combatants.

Of course, there's no real way of proving whether or not this is fake seeing how valve could easily uploaded a new background image replacing the current one, then switched it back without ever touching the html. Is this true or is it simply another Steam Forums troll trying to cause a panic? Mind you, the Steam Forums are what first caught the spy behind the sniper. We shall find out for sure in the upcoming week.

Now here's <insert posters name below> with the weather.

[table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]
2.4mb sig ノ(ಠ‿‿ಠノ)            (╯ಠ‿‿ಠ)╯︵bıs qɯ4˙2
Badgerman of DOOM
I Stand in Spitter Goo

12-13-2009, 11:50 PM

(12-13-2009, 11:41 PM)backfire link Wrote: So, as this appears to be the main "Demo vs Soldier" thread despite its name, I'll just use it as such.

Anyways,

BREAKING NEWS!

As what occurred with the Sniper vs Spy update, there have been multiple reports of a similar event happening on the first page of the War! It seems people have been spotting a wrench being tossed upon one of our combatants.

Of course, there's no real way of proving whether or not this is fake seeing how valve could easily uploaded a new background image replacing the current one, then switched it back without ever touching the html. Is this true or is it simply another Steam Forums troll trying to cause a panic? Mind you, the Steam Forums are what first caught the spy behind the sniper. We shall find out for sure in the upcoming week.

IT'S GONNA RAIN.

CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

12-13-2009, 11:54 PM

(12-13-2009, 11:50 PM)Coordinator Ruby link Wrote: [quote author=backfire link=topic=3958.msg126651#msg126651 date=1260765665]
So, as this appears to be the main "Demo vs Soldier" thread despite its name, I'll just use it as such.

Anyways,

BREAKING NEWS!

IT'S GONNA RAIN.
[/quote]

HE GONNA GET IT

Thanks Ollie

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Coppanuva
Coob enforcement officer 1st class

12-14-2009, 09:13 AM

(12-13-2009, 11:41 PM)backfire link Wrote: So, as this appears to be the main "Demo vs Soldier" thread despite its name, I'll just use it as such.

Anyways,

BREAKING NEWS!

I swear I didn't see that wrench when the update was first out, so either they removed it too quickly, or that's photoshopped. Also, do we know if we're getting this update this week? The way they haven't revealed anything (outside of Crafting and what I believe to be one of the best comics of all time), makes me think we won't get it until the week of Christmas at the EARLIEST. Maybe even on Christmas, so more people will come back to it that day to play with anyone who just got it.
backfire
Uninstalling

12-14-2009, 09:56 AM

(12-14-2009, 09:13 AM)Coppanuva link Wrote: [quote author=backfire link=topic=3958.msg126651#msg126651 date=1260765665]

Anyways,

BREAKING NEWS!

I swear I didn't see that wrench when the update was first out, so either they removed it too quickly, or that's photoshopped. Also, do we know if we're getting this update this week? The way they haven't revealed anything (outside of Crafting and what I believe to be one of the best comics of all time), makes me think we won't get it until the week of Christmas at the EARLIEST. Maybe even on Christmas, so more people will come back to it that day to play with anyone who just got it.
[/quote]
Well, the spy had two of his new items reviled in one day. I'm almost positive that it's going to be on the thrusday though. Even looking at the amount of space at the bottom of the page they can insert for new days, they only have enough for up to about four of five more days.

Say, if they were take two days for each class to reveal all the weapons for that class along with all the achivements, then one other day for the Meet the Team video (WHICH THEY BLOODY WELL HAVE) along with the new maps... that would probably lead us right up to thrusday.

Duck, Duck, Goose

12-14-2009, 05:36 PM

[Image: 9le343.jpg]

Wait... I play Soldier...

Oh well, it was much easier to make than a Soldier poster. 8)
Turtle
Justin Bieber

12-14-2009, 05:43 PM

(12-14-2009, 05:36 PM)Nitrous Oxide link Wrote: [Image: 9le343.jpg]

Wait... I play Soldier...

Oh well, it was much easier to make than a Soldier poster. 8)
this is full of win

fuck yer stickies

Wyrmidon
BRB, Posting

12-14-2009, 06:39 PM

(12-14-2009, 05:36 PM)Nitrous Oxide link Wrote: pic

oh god. I think I need to now make a propaganda poster for pride & prejudice & pipebombs.

EDIT-
[Image: prideandprejudiceandpipebombs-1.jpg]

it sucks but I am satisfied

[Image: believebanner7.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2009, 07:10 PM by Wyrmidon.)
Turtle
Justin Bieber

12-14-2009, 07:53 PM

Damnit Wyrm it's power not prejudice.

anyway i made one on Paint

[Image: pipesandpride2-1.png]

this is the new demoman slogan

Duck, Duck, Goose

12-14-2009, 08:19 PM

No 'and'.

It comes from /v/'s country in eRepublik, Pakistan. Their motto is "Pride, Power, Pakistan", so I decided to adapt it for a propaganda poster. Pipe bomb was the only word between Soldiers and Demos that I could think of. ???
KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

12-14-2009, 09:10 PM

Raging really hard on TF2, so I'm gonna take a bit of a break. Probably be on L4D2.
backfire
Uninstalling

12-14-2009, 10:32 PM

Well... dunno how. Though all my kills were legit... my score reset. :'(

screw it. I'm joining team pyro.

KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

12-14-2009, 10:37 PM

(12-14-2009, 10:32 PM)backfire link Wrote: Well... dunno how. Though all my kills were legit... my score reset. :'(

I'm fairly sure this happened to everyone.
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

12-14-2009, 11:02 PM

(12-14-2009, 10:32 PM)backfire link Wrote: Well... dunno how. Though all my kills were legit... my score reset. :'(

Yes...yes....another convert, our influence grows

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Vongore
The Chilean God of Lightning

12-15-2009, 01:04 AM

Okay... new weapons..yay..

A melee that reduces your HP but when you kill someone you win a HP and speed boost

And the Sticky replacement is a shield which you can use to charge at people and hit them with the sword, it also give you lots of defenses.

For me sounds nice so far.. if someone wants to keep spamming, keep the old weapons, if you want to go melee, use the new ones, at least they are giving people options of how to use some class, which has been seen only on the Kritz/Uber, Dead Ringer/Cloak and Dagger

K2
BRB, Posting

12-15-2009, 01:08 AM

For the lazy peoples: http://www.teamfortress.com/demomanupdat...htm#item_1

Also this: http://www.teamfortress.com/war/demo/

The Demoman's real name is Tavish DeGroot.
backfire
Uninstalling

12-15-2009, 01:14 AM

(12-15-2009, 01:08 AM)K2 link Wrote: The Demoman's real name is Tavish DeGroot.
GIVING AWAY THE DEMO'S REAL NAME!?

What kind of game is Valve playing at?

now that we know his name... now what?

Dr.Killjoy
N00b

12-15-2009, 01:30 AM

Well, I had to take a break from writing a paper to see what you guys thought of the new weapons thus far.  Personally, I love them (being of Scottish decent and all) and I think the massive 65% explosive damage reduction could create some interesting counter spam techniques.  Also, I see the Targe's secondary fire as proving useful for slipping past sentry fire in choke points.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Maxon
BRB, Posting

12-15-2009, 01:53 AM

Now this is a pretty fun and unique thing for the Demo.  Will really mix things up, since it'll turn the demo into a close range tank from the sound of it.  Quite the different playstyle really and I think will make things quite fresh for those that don't like to spam pipes and stickies.  I know I'm all over this lol

[Image: gokubitchslapmod.gif]