Hello There, Guest! Register

Borderlands 2
Sogo
Didzo of Crafting

09-18-2012, 12:02 AM

Snagged two Promo display things at gamestop, also, the Marcus Bobblehead is easily the best part of the loot chest. Pics to come tomorrow probly.

[move][/move]
Reevesith
BRB, Posting

09-18-2012, 02:32 AM

well turns out their only doing it at 3 stores far from here :/ went to two stores both closed.

[move][Image: snailkittygoleft.gif][Image: snailSingoleft.gif][Image: snailAxirothgoleft.gif][Image: snailLuinbarielgoleft.gif][Image: snailpryogoleft.gif][Image: snailspennygoleft.gif][Image: snailMinzgoleft.gif][Image: snailRinnsgoleft.gif][Image: snailChuruyago.gif][Image: snailheavygo.gif][Image: snailRigorMortisgoleft.gif][Image: snailherejonnygoleft.gif][Image: koopeyebot50.gif][Image: cuddlescrawlleft.gif]
[/move]
[Image: lolsgcatgunhugger.gif]
Strangest comment I've read sofar
"do you stroke your rack when you lie awake in bed at night... dreaming of the oven that got away?"
Maxon
BRB, Posting

09-18-2012, 03:15 AM

I'm definitely enjoying the game.  I decided to go solo for my first playthrough and got past Flynt where I ended it.  It plays really great, it actually feels like a PC game instead of a bad port, like with the first one, and it's still really fun.  Definite improvement so far.

[Image: gokubitchslapmod.gif]
Vandamguy

09-18-2012, 03:37 AM

Found a repeating pistol that has infinite ammo and fires in a mobius pattern ( like 8 < turned 90 degreees)
Kor
Crits = Skill

09-18-2012, 03:40 AM

Anybody missing their steam pre-order bonuses? Internet sluthery is proving difficult. I was half-expecting them to appear in your vault when it was accessed, but nothing so far in any of the obvious places.

Edit: Sneaky sneaky Valve. Snuck in the Premiere Club code in the DLC tab at approximately 5am.

[Image: sig.jpg]

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. -Albert Einstein
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2012, 03:57 AM by Kor.)
Mission Difficult
BRB, Posting

09-18-2012, 03:50 AM

(09-18-2012, 03:40 AM)Kor link Wrote: Anybody missing their steam pre-order bonuses? Internet sluthery is proving difficult. I was half-expecting them to appear in your vault when it was accessed, but nothing so far in any of the obvious places.

Same.

Kor
Crits = Skill

09-18-2012, 04:15 AM

Additional digging revealed that the DLC portion of the pre-order stuff is validated but never downloaded for the digital version. Gearbox is working out the why, but for the time being, we'll all have to wait for that Relic.

Starter guns will still have merit on any new game roles, so not that worried about it. Smart people will wait to use their golden key :p

[Image: sig.jpg]

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. -Albert Einstein
Vandamdad

09-18-2012, 10:07 AM

Dis game completely exceeded my expectations. Gona be GOTY easily.

Sent from my phone. Blame autocorrect for typos
Spicy Chicken
Lurker

09-18-2012, 10:59 AM

It's a really fun game so far. Need to do some research on badass points. Do the rewards change depending on previous choices? Or is it the 5 or 6 choices are random everytime.
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

09-18-2012, 11:04 AM

(09-18-2012, 10:59 AM)Spicy Chicken link Wrote: It's a really fun game so far. Need to do some research on badass points. Do the rewards change depending on previous choices? Or is it the 5 or 6 choices are random everytime.
It appeared to me that you couldn't take the same thing twice in a row, beyond that I have no idea what the system is.

Also will be on later tonight, hopefully can get a game in with the same group I was with last night?

"If you want to be a Double E, bend over and grab your knees...."
"Atom is Sexy!" <-- Donate your own pic to the cause!
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none. -Sun Tzu
Eschatos
Jack Thompson Fan Club Member

09-18-2012, 12:33 PM

(09-18-2012, 11:04 AM)at0m link Wrote: [quote author=Spicy Chicken link=topic=6479.msg254076#msg254076 date=1347983941]
It's a really fun game so far. Need to do some research on badass points. Do the rewards change depending on previous choices? Or is it the 5 or 6 choices are random everytime.
It appeared to me that you couldn't take the same thing twice in a row, beyond that I have no idea what the system is.

Also will be on later tonight, hopefully can get a game in with the same group I was with last night?
[/quote]

It looks like it's mostly random, but the same choices will come up, though in a weaker form.  I just took a second level in gun damage and it only gave me a .7% boost instead of 1%.

Squishy3
Closet Furry

09-18-2012, 03:17 PM

if you sign up for gearbox shift within the game you get an additional golden key, you have to go on the website and link your ps3/steam account (xbl is unavailable to link at this time)

Spicy Chicken
Lurker

09-18-2012, 04:40 PM

I learned that the badass choices are random. And seemingly infinite. So my thoughts of possibly hording them until I find something to specifically use them for has gone out the window.
Reevesith
BRB, Posting

09-18-2012, 04:41 PM

Wish they told us before hand that we'd get the pre-order stuff by email :u you'd think it'd be inside the box already.

[move][Image: snailkittygoleft.gif][Image: snailSingoleft.gif][Image: snailAxirothgoleft.gif][Image: snailLuinbarielgoleft.gif][Image: snailpryogoleft.gif][Image: snailspennygoleft.gif][Image: snailMinzgoleft.gif][Image: snailRinnsgoleft.gif][Image: snailChuruyago.gif][Image: snailheavygo.gif][Image: snailRigorMortisgoleft.gif][Image: snailherejonnygoleft.gif][Image: koopeyebot50.gif][Image: cuddlescrawlleft.gif]
[/move]
[Image: lolsgcatgunhugger.gif]
Strangest comment I've read sofar
"do you stroke your rack when you lie awake in bed at night... dreaming of the oven that got away?"
Coppanuva
Coob enforcement officer 1st class

09-18-2012, 08:56 PM

On a related note, the first comic in the Borderlands Origins series (details the original Vault Hunters backstory prior to the first game) is available here for free:

http://www.comixology.com/Borderlands-Or.../SEP120362

Issue 1 is about Roland, pretty nice.
Eschatos
Jack Thompson Fan Club Member

09-18-2012, 09:09 PM

Protip: If you see someone downed who is shooting at an enemy, DO NOT TAKE THE FUCKING KILL.  This could really reduce the number of revives necessary by a shit ton.

Sogo
Didzo of Crafting

09-18-2012, 10:27 PM

The first time you shoot a Goliath in the head is kinda horrifying.
Especially when they scream; "MEET GOD'S MISTAKE!" at you.

[move][/move]
Maxon
BRB, Posting

09-18-2012, 11:13 PM

The goliaths are pretty freaky enemies.  Their heads are like horrific jack in the boxes lol  What are folks current favorite looks right now for their character?

This is my Axton right now, who is wearing Rugged Renegade for the head and Vladof Sickle for the skin. I would've gone with one of the blue skins I think, but they also make his hair blue, which doesn't work for me lol

[Image: axton.jpg]

[Image: gokubitchslapmod.gif]
Squishy3
Closet Furry

09-19-2012, 12:35 AM

the top gun sidequest was too good

Evil Cheese
Sad Keeanu

09-19-2012, 08:48 AM

I found a shotgun with exploding shot. Other than the fact that I only get two shots before I have to reload, I love this thing.