Hello There, Guest! Register

Which language(s) do you speak?
Benito Mussolini
1 More!

06-25-2008, 08:07 PM

After Versus' post, I decided to start one on my own in which I'd have a lot to say.

So, my first language is French, as you now all know. I have always spoken that and I gave lessons to noobs in french during my last semester of college.

Second language: English. Learned at school and on Internet. I guess you noticed I don't speak a perfect English, and speaking it quite rarely makes it harder to joke around by saying random things.

Thrid language: German. I had a German course in college for one semester. That's all... I know enough to have a 3 mintues conversation in german.

Fourth langage: Italian. I (sadly) don't speak Italian very good. I know some because half of my family is Italian, but they always speak either French or English. I want to get Italian courses and get all the ladies, since Italian is obviously the most romantic language.

Fifth: Latin. I had 3 years of latin in High School. My school doesn't give that course anymore (which is sad), I was in the last year that they gave that course. Learning Latin is very useful: French, Spanish, Italian, Portugese, Romanian, etc. and having learned it makes it easier to understand parts of texts in those languages. Latin is very hard to learn, because of the declinasons (if anyone here has latin courses, he'd understand), but the courses were made very fun by my teacher that made sentences to practice such as: The teacher kills the student with his friend. (Magister discipulum cum amico necat).

I also want to learn Japanese, I heard it is very easy to learn.

I haven't posted this for nothing. I want to know if I am the only one here to speak something else than English, if I can dialogue with anyone in here french, or maybe in german.

Also, I can provide you with translation services French-English or English-French, whenever and free of charge!

[move][glow=black,2,300]  Vote Benito 2012   [/glow]                                                         ï@.[/move]
ainmosni
Man of Ethanol

06-25-2008, 08:11 PM

(06-25-2008, 08:07 PM)Benito Mussolini link Wrote: After Versus' post, I decided to start one on my own in which I'd have a lot to say.

So, my first language is French, as you now all know. I have always spoken that and I gave lessons to noobs in french during my last semester of college.

Second language: English. Learned at school and on Internet. I guess you noticed I don't speak a perfect English, and speaking it quite rarely makes it harder to joke around by saying random things.

Thrid language: German. I had a German course in college for one semester. That's all... I know enough to have a 3 mintues conversation in german.

Fourth langage: Italian. I (sadly) don't speak Italian very good. I know some because half of my family is Italian, but they always speak either French or English. I want to get Italian courses and get all the ladies, since Italian is obviously the most romantic language.

Fifth: Latin. I had 3 years of latin in High School. My school doesn't give that course anymore (which is sad), I was in the last year that they gave that course. Learning Latin is very useful: French, Spanish, Italian, Portugese, Romanian, etc. and having learned it makes it easier to understand parts of texts in those languages. Latin is very hard to learn, because of the declinasons (if anyone here has latin courses, he'd understand), but the courses were made very fun by my teacher that made sentences to practice such as: The teacher kills the student with his friend. (Magister discipulum cum amico necat).

I haven't posted this for nothing. I want to know if I am the only one here to speak something else than English, if I can dialogue with anyone in here french, or maybe in german.

Also, I can provide you with translation services French-English or English-French, whenever and free of charge!

I have to disappoint you by saying I only speak Dutch.

I speak no English whatsoever, neither do I speak a little German or a little French. And I also never had one year of Latin at school...

Signature temporarily out of order until I get off my lazy ass to fix it.
Dave
White Lighting - Extra 50% Free

06-25-2008, 08:12 PM

Afikaans and australian.

oh and english, kinda

a northen deriviation, were the barbarians of england

also awesome.

Benito Mussolini
1 More!

06-25-2008, 08:13 PM

(06-25-2008, 08:11 PM)ainmosni link Wrote: [quote author=Benito Mussolini link=topic=643.msg15998#msg15998 date=1214442470]
After Versus' post, I decided to start one on my own in which I'd have a lot to say.

I have to disappoint you by saying I only speak Dutch.

I speak no English whatsoever, neither do I speak a little German or a little French. And I also never had one year of Latin at school...
[/quote]

That explains the british accent you have.

[move][glow=black,2,300]  Vote Benito 2012   [/glow]                                                         ï@.[/move]
Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

06-25-2008, 08:21 PM

He sounds irish in real life. Tongue

First: English (wtf no way)
Second: lol rofl brb
Third: Latin

What post were you talking about?

Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

06-25-2008, 08:23 PM

English, and I have a spanish wife and an italian friend.  Also my wife speaks french.

I sort of never picked up another language because I always have a translator.

Can speak some spanish though, understand a lot of it.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
Benito Mussolini
1 More!

06-25-2008, 08:24 PM

(06-25-2008, 08:21 PM)Versus link Wrote: What post were you talking about?

The "Where do you live?" Topic (not post, sorry)

rumsfald

06-25-2008, 08:27 PM

(06-25-2008, 08:12 PM)Dave link Wrote: Afikaans and australian.

oh and english, kinda

a northen deriviation, were the barbarians of england

also awesome.

I thought you spoke Cockney.

Anyways, native English, 6-7 years Russian, 2 years Latin, a spot o' German (enough to order hefeweizen) and a dabble o' Spanish (enough to order pollo en mole).
Evil Cheese
Sad Keeanu

06-25-2008, 08:28 PM

Ahmyrrheken.

Took three years of Latin in high school. Yeah declensions suck. It actually really helped my understanding of English and grammar, even though English isn't a romance language. Plus the mythology part was cool. I had Magistra Yount, a petite eccentric Irish woman. I'm starting to think all Latin teachers are a bit eccentric.
Versus

06-25-2008, 08:33 PM

(06-25-2008, 08:24 PM)Benito Mussolini link Wrote: [quote author=Versus link=topic=643.msg16009#msg16009 date=1214443264]
What post were you talking about?

The "Where do you live?" Topic (not post, sorry)
[/quote]

oh ok :-*

Versus

06-25-2008, 08:34 PM

(06-25-2008, 08:28 PM)Evil Cheese link Wrote: I'm starting to think all Latin teachers are a bit eccentric.

Mine is, too. Tongue

edit: dammit >_>

Tragic Hero
Too Asexual For A Custom Title

06-25-2008, 08:48 PM

Main:  English
Secondary:  Very little Italian.  I am currently learning it but unfortunately my grandma and grandpa were learning english when they came to America so my mom never learned any of it so of course I never picked up on it.
Third:  Very little Japanese.

So do I have a secondary and third language?  No, but I do know snippets and such which is better than most.  Right?
Luinbariel
Snailcat ..@:3

06-25-2008, 08:51 PM

I suck. Only english for me, and the smattering of French that we were taught in school. And it is a smattering only.
Benito Mussolini
1 More!

06-25-2008, 08:54 PM

(06-25-2008, 08:51 PM)Luinbariel link Wrote: I suck.

Now now, don't say that. I am sure that even if you only speak -that very simple language that is- English, you still have many qualities.

Mission Difficult
BRB, Posting

06-25-2008, 08:57 PM

English, Indonesian, and a little Spanish.

Geoff
Real World Azn

06-25-2008, 08:58 PM

Japanese easy to learn my ass.  I'm still not good at it.  I plan on learning Taiwanese to communicate with the Grandparents better, but seems difficult.

(10-06-2011, 04:24 AM)Vandamguy link Wrote:just ignore everything Geoff posts its always trolling or ignorant drivel
cbre88x
Seabreeze: That Damn Sniper

06-25-2008, 09:02 PM

Donde esta la biblioteca?

Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

06-25-2008, 09:04 PM

(06-25-2008, 09:02 PM)cbre88x link Wrote: Donde esta la biblioteca?

en su culo

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
Vandamguy

06-25-2008, 09:33 PM

I know how to say you gona get raped in 47 languages.
Luinbariel
Snailcat ..@:3

06-25-2008, 09:48 PM

(06-25-2008, 08:58 PM)Geoff link Wrote: Japanese easy to learn my ass.  I'm still not good at it.  I plan on learning Taiwanese to communicate with the Grandparents better, but seems difficult.

Have you tried Roestta Stone? I played with the rosetta stone japanese stuff and it was pretty sweet.