Hello There, Guest! Register

Neocons hurt my head. Also, Politics?
Luca Shoal
Some king of fox thing

04-06-2009, 11:16 PM

http://iowntheworld.com/blog/?p=2397

I know some of what I say there is dumb...but can ya blame me, dealing with their shitty arguments? Just wanted to share this with everyone. Feel free to contribute there if you wish :3.

Also. If this is dumb, let this be a general politics thread.

And with strange aeons, even Death may lay down in the street and die.

Benito Mussolini
1 More!

04-06-2009, 11:37 PM

Replied...

In before insults and sophisms. (Don't make it happen... political debates tend to lead to that)

[move][glow=black,2,300]  Vote Benito 2012   [/glow]                                                         ï@.[/move]
Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

04-07-2009, 12:40 AM

lulz

Scary Womanizing Pig Mask
Fierce Pork Trooper

04-07-2009, 12:45 AM

Oh fellow Republicans, why are you such failures Sad

MrGrey
GreyC Denton

04-07-2009, 09:40 AM

please dont get me started...

CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

04-07-2009, 09:51 AM

(04-07-2009, 12:45 AM)Scary Womanizing Pig Mask link Wrote: Oh fellow Republicans, why are you such failures Sad

Its a self fulfilling spiral, pander to the base, alienate moderates in the party, they leave, in order to really the wagons you appeal more to the radical wings, return to step 1.

Political parties have died and completely gone away at points in our history, I believe around the time of Andrew Jackson there was a point in which there was only one party, it didn't last more than 8 - 10 years I believe, but it can happen.

I'm hoping that eventually things will split into 3 - 4 parties, would be much better for our system. Right now the democrats are made up of two parts, left liberals and centrist blue dogs (fiscal conservative, social liberal). Republicans used to hold more of those "blue dog" voters but the neocons and evangelicals have scared most of them away. Id like to see it be Democrats, Blue Dogs, Libertarians, and Republicans as a four party system. Very few voters fall totally into one party and I think more parties would better represent people's overall interests. As it is now voting for a "party" instead of a candidate one usually has to sacrifice more issues than they might like.

Just keep it civil and feel free to speak your mind, just don't get overly flamboyant, k?  Wink

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Honest
Ignoooore Meee, kupo

04-07-2009, 10:32 AM

(04-07-2009, 09:51 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: Just keep it civil and feel free to speak your mind, just don't get overly flamboyant, k?  Wink

[Image: hard-gay-motivational.jpg]

I guess we're not welcome here Hard Gay. ._.

(05-10-2009, 07:39 PM)Radio Raheem link Wrote:in the straightest way possible i have to say honest is by far the best looking person here

Kor
Crits = Skill

04-07-2009, 11:07 AM

(04-07-2009, 09:51 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: I'm hoping that eventually things will split into 3 - 4 parties, would be much better for our system.

That reminds me of a country I know...

[Image: sig.jpg]

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. -Albert Einstein
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2009, 11:10 AM by Kor.)
Luca Shoal
Some king of fox thing

04-07-2009, 11:46 AM

Republicans and Neocons are two pretty distinct groups. I have Republican friends... but then there are these guys with the craziest conspiracy theories (FEMA death camps, the birth certificate think with Obama, the ACORN stuff, etc..) that are just...damn. So I'd say 5 five parties, tho Neocons would get less votes than the Green party I'd hope :3

And with strange aeons, even Death may lay down in the street and die.

fyre
BRB, Posting

04-07-2009, 12:16 PM

I'm for secession.
Vlambo
BRB, Posting

04-07-2009, 12:33 PM

I ruv Canadia. We has the Liberals, conservatives, NDP, Green, and the Bloc. Now, while the Libs and Cons are usaully in power, NDP (and some people say the Green Party) are due in sooner or later. But fuck the Bloc, the french bastards
Honest
Ignoooore Meee, kupo

04-07-2009, 01:24 PM

(04-07-2009, 12:33 PM)Vlambo link Wrote: I ruv Canadia. We has the Liberals, conservatives, NDP, Green, and the Bloc. Now, while the Libs and Cons are usaully in power, NDP (and some people say the Green Party) are due in sooner or later. But fuck the Bloc, the french bastards

Beavers and Eskimos don't get their own parties?

Also, to add something to the actual thread instead of more silly jokes, politics will never change. Ever. The people who put themselves on a soapbox of lies and whatever else they can use to pander to their specific group of supporters will never let go of that distinction, be it Democrat or Republican, simply because it gives them more support. Neocons will always be Republican, because if they split off oops there goes half of their supporters who are too stupid to see past Democrats and Republicans.

Politics! Big Grin

(05-10-2009, 07:39 PM)Radio Raheem link Wrote:in the straightest way possible i have to say honest is by far the best looking person here

Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

04-07-2009, 01:31 PM

I don't think politics will change because it attracts narcissistic power hungry people.  That and naive people.  One only does self serving things and the other doesn't do anything because they aren't willing to work with the first group.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

04-07-2009, 01:34 PM

(04-07-2009, 01:24 PM)Honest link Wrote: [quote author=Vlambo link=topic=2651.msg75184#msg75184 date=1239125599]
I ruv Canadia. We has the Liberals, conservatives, NDP, Green, and the Bloc. Now, while the Libs and Cons are usaully in power, NDP (and some people say the Green Party) are due in sooner or later. But fuck the Bloc, the french bastards

Also, to add something to the actual thread instead of more silly jokes, politics will never change. Ever. The people who put themselves on a soapbox of lies and whatever else they can use to pander to their specific group of supporters will never let go of that distinction, be it Democrat or Republican, simply because it gives them more support. Neocons will always be Republican, because if they split off oops there goes half of their supporters who are too stupid to see past Democrats and Republicans.

Politics! Big Grin
[/quote]

The sad thing is, they DID split off a century ago, except the split off branch was Teddy Roosevelt and the Progressives, which was the last time Republicans were awesome =<.

(09-11-2008, 05:11 PM)Dave link Wrote:i would totaly ride that gay ass dragon thing.
Honest
Ignoooore Meee, kupo

04-07-2009, 01:36 PM

(04-07-2009, 01:34 PM)Wedge link Wrote: [quote author=Honest link=topic=2651.msg75192#msg75192 date=1239128673]
[quote author=Vlambo link=topic=2651.msg75184#msg75184 date=1239125599]

Politics! Big Grin
[/quote]

The sad thing is, they DID split off a century ago, except the split off branch was Teddy Roosevelt and the Progressives, which was the last time Republicans were awesome =<.
[/quote]

True. I guess I should say modern politics. With the media being what it is you have to jingle your keys in just the right way, make one little slip up or have a differing opinion and OH NOES MR ROGERS IS EVIL?????

Ok that's the media and not politics, but the media makes and breaks politics.

fyre
BRB, Posting

04-07-2009, 01:45 PM

(04-07-2009, 01:34 PM)Wedge link Wrote: [quote author=Honest link=topic=2651.msg75192#msg75192 date=1239128673]
[quote author=Vlambo link=topic=2651.msg75184#msg75184 date=1239125599]

Politics! Big Grin
[/quote]

[/quote]

Teddy Roosevelt is a strong contender for douche of the century.
Fierce Pork Trooper

04-07-2009, 01:48 PM

(04-07-2009, 09:51 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: [quote author=Scary Womanizing Pig Mask link=topic=2651.msg75129#msg75129 date=1239083115]

Its a self fulfilling spiral, pander to the base, alienate moderates in the party, they leave, in order to really the wagons you appeal more to the radical wings, return to step 1.

Political parties have died and completely gone away at points in our history, I believe around the time of Andrew Jackson there was a point in which there was only one party, it didn't last more than 8 - 10 years I believe, but it can happen.

I'm hoping that eventually things will split into 3 - 4 parties, would be much better for our system. Right now the democrats are made up of two parts, left liberals and centrist blue dogs (fiscal conservative, social liberal). Republicans used to hold more of those "blue dog" voters but the neocons and evangelicals have scared most of them away. Id like to see it be Democrats, Blue Dogs, Libertarians, and Republicans as a four party system. Very few voters fall totally into one party and I think more parties would better represent people's overall interests. As it is now voting for a "party" instead of a candidate one usually has to sacrifice more issues than they might like.

Just keep it civil and feel free to speak your mind, just don't get overly flamboyant, k?  Wink
[/quote]

I'd be completly for that. I watch the RNC and I have nothing in common with those people. Ron Paul was the only guy who I could get behind (although he went a little to deep into Ayn Rand territory.) Socially liberal, fisically conservatives don't really have a place anywhere :S

CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

04-07-2009, 01:51 PM

Teddy Roosevelt led a faction of republicans in an attempt at a non-consecutive second term called the 'Bull Moose Party', he failed and the split he put in the republican party lead directly to the election of Woodrow Wilson, similar to how Ross Perot split conservatives and helped Clinton beat Bush Sr.

I believe that election was the same one where Teddy got SHOT while preparing to give a speech, he then declined medical attention, gave the speech and went to the hospital after he was done.

SWPM: I liked some of what Ron Paul advocates, but the gold standard is a horrible idea, the man may have a PhD, but its not in economics

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Honest
Ignoooore Meee, kupo

04-07-2009, 01:58 PM

(04-07-2009, 01:48 PM)Scary Womanizing Pig Mask link Wrote: [quote author=Caffeine link=topic=2651.msg75167#msg75167 date=1239115919]
[quote author=Scary Womanizing Pig Mask link=topic=2651.msg75129#msg75129 date=1239083115]

[/quote]

I'd be completly for that. I watch the RNC and I have nothing in common with those people. Ron Paul was the only guy who I could get behind (although he went a little to deep into Ayn Rand territory.) Socially liberal, fisically conservatives don't really have a place anywhere :S
[/quote]

Must...resist...L4D...quote...

Fierce Pork Trooper

04-07-2009, 02:04 PM

(04-07-2009, 01:51 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: Teddy Roosevelt led a faction of republicans in an attempt at a non-consecutive second term called the 'Bull Moose Party', he failed and the split he put in the republican party lead directly to the election of Woodrow Wilson, similar to how Ross Perot split conservatives and helped Clinton beat Bush Sr.

I believe that election was the same one where Teddy got SHOT while preparing to give a speech, he then declined medical attention, gave the speech and went to the hospital after he was done.

SWPM: I liked some of what Ron Paul advocates, but the gold standard is a horrible idea, the man may have a PhD, but its not in economics

Haha, I remember reading about that on Cracked. That guy was a badass

If I recall correctly, he never actually seriously suggested the gold standard, he was just making a reference to it when he was talking about how we can't just let the government print more money whenever they need it. People just hopped on that to discredit him as nutjob. Not to say some of his stances aren't rather wacky, but just not that one.

[edit]LOL Honest, your on a roll with the zingers today XD[/edit]