Hello There, Guest! Register

Need brb's opinion
Sponson
BRB, Posting

05-15-2009, 10:09 PM

I think I have something wrong with me when I sleep.
I dunno, I lie there in bed for a while, and then I lose consciousness for about 11 hours.
I really like to sleep, but I also like being awake for more than half of a day.
Whats wrong with me.

I eat a lot of fried foods and burgers and steak, but I also eat a ton of sushi and whatever else is lying around, two meals a day or whenever I'm hungry.
I'm about 115 lbs. I get my exercise rock climbing. I drink lots of everything but I'm always feel like I'm more thirsty than hungry.

Whats wrong with me.

Edit: Why is this here this needs to go on general discussion.

[Image: unled1wl.png]
fyre
BRB, Posting

05-15-2009, 10:25 PM

See a doctor? They do recommend eating three or four smaller meals a day, rather than a couple large meals, you know. Also, you might wanna cut down on the fried foods. And I dunno what the "everything" is that you're drinking, but if it's soda, you might want to cut down on that. Water is the best. I don't think that stuff would cause the problem you're having though, it's just general advice. So yeah, see a doctor.

SBCrystal
BRB, Posting

05-15-2009, 10:27 PM

I second seeing a doctor -- as awesome as we are, I don't think we can help with this. Unless there IS a doctor in the house.

Please visit my new blog because you love me and I love you.
http://uneditedcrystal.com/blog/
zaneyard
Made with Whole Gainz (tm)

05-15-2009, 10:35 PM

sleeping for 11 hours at a time isnt necessarily bad
try setting your alarm for +8 hours
if you feel fatigued you might have an iron deficiency
take some iron supplements regularly and see if your 'condition' improves
otherwise just see a doctor or search web md

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

05-16-2009, 12:41 AM

stress does that (the fucking with the homeostasis part)

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
Blues
BRB, Posting

05-16-2009, 09:49 AM

Stress does this.

Greasy, fatty foods in high amounts do this.

Eating shortly before going to be does this.

Being lazy does this.

Undersleeping does this.

Oversleeping does this.

Lack of sunlight does this.

Lack of activity does this.

You're an average teen, if you don't want to sleep half the day away, eat a bit more healthy, and avoid eating 2-3 hours before bedtime. Set your alarm for 8 hours and don't be a baby about throwing yourself out of the bed and getting the hell up. If you really don't like sleeping when you could be doing other shit, work your way down to 5-6 hours. I sleep about 4-5 on an average day, 2-3 on days where I don't have to be very active (aka work).

[Image: bluelunk.png]
FREE THE SANDWICH!
SANDWICH THREAD
[glow=blue,2,300]WOMBO COMBO[/glow]
[b]IM2GUEWD[b]
HeK
Rotartsinimda

05-16-2009, 10:13 AM

See your doctor.

From personal experience, you will likely be requested to change your diet. Refined sugars and fatty/greasy/salty foods are not good for anyone.

(05-16-2009, 09:49 AM)Blues link Wrote: If you really don't like sleeping when you could be doing other shit, work your way down to 5-6 hours. I sleep about 4-5 on an average day, 2-3 on days where I don't have to be very active (aka work).

This sounds unhealthy. Current studies show that the average person should have between seven to eight hours of sleep in a twenty-four hour period. While this number varies by person, getting more or less then this optimal range drastically decreases one's day-to-day energy and can lead to further health problems. Source.
Blues
BRB, Posting

05-16-2009, 10:26 AM

(05-16-2009, 10:13 AM)HeK link Wrote: See your doctor.

From personal experience, you will likely be requested to change your diet. Refined sugars and fatty/greasy/salty foods are not good for anyone.

[quote author=Blues link=topic=2879.msg83062#msg83062 date=1242485363]
If you really don't like sleeping when you could be doing other shit, work your way down to 5-6 hours. I sleep about 4-5 on an average day, 2-3 on days where I don't have to be very active (aka work).

This sounds unhealthy. Current studies show that the average person should have between seven to eight hours of sleep in a twenty-four hour period. While this number varies by person, getting more or less then this optimal range drastically decreases one's day-to-day energy and can lead to further health problems. Source.
[/quote]

They've done studies over the last couple years suggesting that 6 hours of sleep is actually better and showing that on average, people who sleep 6 vs 8 hours have longer lifespans. (this is probably more due to the fact that people who sleep 6 hours and have the daily energy they need live healthier lifestyles though).

Sleep is basically like dieting though, what works for some, won't work for others. I sleep, like I said, about 4-5, and have plenty of energy for 6-10 hour days of labor. If you try 6 or less hours and don't have the energy to make it through the day, then you may need to adjust your lifestyle to be more healthy. If it still doesn't work, then obviously 8 hours is what you need.

FREE THE SANDWICH!
SANDWICH THREAD
[b]IM2GUEWD[b]
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2009, 10:29 AM by Blues.)
SBCrystal
BRB, Posting

05-16-2009, 01:14 PM

Quote:I sleep about 4-5 on an average day, 2-3 on days where I don't have to be very active (aka work).

Is this why you're a grumpy, judgmental, annoying, sad sack all the time, Blues?  :-*

Blues
BRB, Posting

05-16-2009, 02:25 PM

(05-16-2009, 01:14 PM)SBCrystal link Wrote:
Quote:I sleep about 4-5 on an average day, 2-3 on days where I don't have to be very active (aka work).

Is this why you're a grumpy, judgmental, annoying, sad sack all the time, Blues?  :-*

Nope, that's just because the internet is full of idiots I don't have to play the bullshit niceties game with.

FREE THE SANDWICH!
SANDWICH THREAD
[b]IM2GUEWD[b]
Squishy3
Closet Furry

05-16-2009, 02:34 PM

karrde's a male nurse, so he's the closest we have to a doctor on the forum.

cannedpeahes
Fan of Vampire Romance literature

05-16-2009, 02:36 PM

(05-15-2009, 10:09 PM)Spocelot link Wrote: I think I have something wrong with me when I sleep.
I dunno, I lie there in bed for a while, and then I lose consciousness for about 11 hours.
I really like to sleep, but I also like being awake for more than half of a day.
Whats wrong with me.

I eat a lot of fried foods and burgers and steak, but I also eat a ton of sushi and whatever else is lying around, two meals a day or whenever I'm hungry.
I'm about 115 lbs. I get my exercise rock climbing. I drink lots of everything but I'm always feel like I'm more thirsty than hungry.

Whats wrong with me.

Edit: Why is this here this needs to go on general discussion.

I'd start with the "drinking everything" bit. I'm no doctor, but my guess is alcohol poisoning.
Dave
White Lighting - Extra 50% Free

05-16-2009, 03:12 PM

its stress cause of that parents shit, slap em about and find some ether, easy sleep.

Sponson
BRB, Posting

05-17-2009, 06:27 PM

I've tried beer, hate it. Not gonna lie.
Now those polynesians really know how to make drinks ha ha.
But in all seriosity, I drink those vitamin waters, water, maybe a soda once every 3 days. Maybe.

It makes me mad that I piss out all the water I drink.

Lets see, today I had a Latte, an egg sandvich, General Tso's Chicken, a sprite, a vitamin water, and thats it.
I also went climbing for 3 hours. Had about 9 hours of sleep.

I feel good.

Quote:They do recommend eating three or four smaller meals a day, rather than a couple large meals,
I have 2 meals, my definition of a meal is...

at least a 6" sub, at most a steak and everything that should come with it.
Or a burger. Yum.

Quote:See your doctor.
What don't you get about immigrant parents from Taiwan. We can't afford that shit. Even in Canada.

Quote:Stress does this.

Being lazy does this.

Undersleeping does this.

Oversleeping does this.

I want to make a comic really bad, but I CANT I USED TO JUST DO IT. I feel like KC Green in that I really want to draw something, but I just end up tapping my tablet a dozen times.

SBCrystal
BRB, Posting

05-17-2009, 06:30 PM

Quote:Even in Canada.

Wat?

Blues
BRB, Posting

05-17-2009, 06:59 PM

(05-17-2009, 06:27 PM)Spocelot link Wrote:
Quote:Stress does this.

Being lazy does this.

Undersleeping does this.

Oversleeping does this.

I want to make a comic really bad, but I CANT I USED TO JUST DO IT. I feel like KC Green in that I really want to draw something, but I just end up tapping my tablet a dozen times.

Yes, I suppose those would be good reasons for writer's block as well, but I was referring to the sleep thing.

FREE THE SANDWICH!
SANDWICH THREAD
[b]IM2GUEWD[b]
Tragic Hero
Too Asexual For A Custom Title

05-17-2009, 08:01 PM

Do you wake up in the middle of the night needing to use the bathroom or needing massive amounts of liquid?  If thats so then it could be diabetes.  Doesn't sound like thats it but some of the symptoms add up
Sponson
BRB, Posting

05-17-2009, 09:23 PM

(05-17-2009, 08:01 PM)Tragic Hero link Wrote: Do you wake up in the middle of the night needing to use the bathroom or needing massive amounts of liquid?  If thats so then it could be diabetes.  Doesn't sound like thats it but some of the symptoms add up

No, I don't.
Diabetes? What?

Tragic Hero
Too Asexual For A Custom Title

05-18-2009, 01:07 AM

(05-17-2009, 09:23 PM)Spocelot link Wrote: [quote author=Tragic Hero link=topic=2879.msg83583#msg83583 date=1242608468]
Do you wake up in the middle of the night needing to use the bathroom or needing massive amounts of liquid?  If thats so then it could be diabetes.  Doesn't sound like thats it but some of the symptoms add up

No, I don't.
Diabetes? What?
[/quote]

My brother had some of the symptoms you had, the fatigue part and always thirsty.  He was also waking up in the middle of the night to get drinks of water and to use the bathroom.  On our 21st birthday they took my bro to the doctor and they told him he had type 1 diabetes.

It can come out of nowhere and since everyone else recommended Web MD I thought to throw something out there.
Sponson
BRB, Posting

05-18-2009, 09:45 AM

I never get up in the middle of the night.