Hello There, Guest! Register

HlStats Suggestions
exanimo

06-02-2008, 05:50 PM

(06-02-2008, 12:29 PM)Vandamguy link Wrote: i want to be able to spam "we have dropped the flag" with a friend and not get slammed Smile
see if we can crash the stats server too while we're at it

Tom8o and I tried that. Nothing happened really, HLstats just kept posting the score changes way after we were dead. Also, I lost about 800 points.
Fail Medic
Actually made of WIN

06-02-2008, 06:15 PM

I don't know if this is a limitation with the software, but could the Map Performance be keyed on Points instead of Kills?  I bring this up for the sake of Medics and Engies and what-not.

Client-side switch to turn off rank spam D: .

(06-02-2008, 03:34 PM)copulatingduck link Wrote: Yah, I still get bored and run around suiciding, and so far, it seems like everyone (who is into that sort of thing anyways) is up to the usual. The only difference for me is (I'm a whore, I know) I (sadly) feel like I have something to defend. If anything I've felt a bit obligated to show up whereas before I would just've at at home drinking instead.

Well, yeah, but it's not like HLStatsX is a reliable indication of how good you are.  For example, exhibit A: 
[Image: FAULT.png]
I'll enjoy tracking mud in the Top 10 house while I can, but any moment now it should reshuffle me down after the stat spikes get ironed out.  Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go get this screenshot poster-fied at Kinko's.
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2008, 08:09 PM by Fail Medic.)
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

06-02-2008, 09:17 PM

lol, budr usurped me and it only took him 6 more hours of play time than I have  :-*

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

06-02-2008, 09:34 PM

Lol, I had you usurped yesterday, and I did it with less hours played. OH SNAP! :o

(this thread was off-track from the beginning... :'()

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
Eschatos
Jack Thompson Fan Club Member

06-02-2008, 10:09 PM

I have made it my goal to be the number one fire axe user.  This led to a pretty epic game on Dustbowl where I was mostly useless to my team.  Three axe kills in as many seconds was pretty awesome though.  And fuck Agent Crow.

ScottyGrayskull
Unbalancer of the Internet

06-02-2008, 10:31 PM

Okay guys. I am paying attention to this thread, although due to a heavy schedule this week and the fact that I'm away this weekend nothing will likely get done until next week. Rest assured though that I am keeping changes and suggestions in mind. Smile

Caffeine`brb!u: /facepalm
Caffeine`brb!u: you have the technological ability of Dede
Caffeine`brb!u: OOOOOOO what does this button do
Caffeine`brb!u: *break*
Caffeine`brb!u: SCOTTY GET OUT OF MY SERVER
A. Crow
Surprise Whopper

06-02-2008, 10:35 PM

(06-02-2008, 10:09 PM)Eschatos link Wrote: I have made it my goal to be the number one fire axe user.  This led to a pretty epic game on Dustbowl where I was mostly useless to my team.  Three axe kills in as many seconds was pretty awesome though.  And fuck Agent Crow.

There was about an hour of just 4-6 of us on the server, 2-3 random scrubs vs me and... well I don't remember who it was, It was just too damn easy to actually use the flamethrower on them.  Hence the axe kills.  Actually I take the random scrubs comment back, because one of them was wedge, but he was only doing Heavy Fisting.

It also seems I passed spore on bat kills that session. 

(This post was last modified: 06-02-2008, 10:37 PM by A. Crow.)
Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

06-02-2008, 11:25 PM

(06-02-2008, 10:35 PM)A. Crow link Wrote: Heavy Fisting.

That should be the new daily title for that.

(09-11-2008, 05:11 PM)Dave link Wrote:i would totaly ride that gay ass dragon thing.
copulatingduck

06-03-2008, 02:28 AM

(06-02-2008, 01:09 PM)Toilet Duck link Wrote: Make the clan tags pick up any names with 'duck' in it, we will be unstoppable.

<3

(06-02-2008, 10:31 PM)ScottyGrayskull link Wrote: Okay guys. I am paying attention to this thread, although due to a heavy schedule this week and the fact that I'm away this weekend nothing will likely get done until next week. Rest assured though that I am keeping changes and suggestions in mind. Smile

<3

(06-02-2008, 11:25 PM)Wedge link Wrote: [quote author=A. Crow link=topic=420.msg9998#msg9998 date=1212464134]
Heavy Fisting.

That should be the new daily title for that.
[/quote]

Heavy Fisting, VERY YES!

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
Budr

06-03-2008, 04:14 AM

(06-02-2008, 09:17 PM)CaffeinePowered link Wrote: lol, budr usurped me and it only took him 6 more hours of play time than I have  :-*

You're looking too closely, son. All I see is me, then you Tongue

(Also, you've got it down to under four hours now)
jorge
It's pronounced yor-ge

06-03-2008, 04:39 AM

Stats=stack

ainmosni
Man of Ethanol

06-03-2008, 08:10 AM

The Flamethrower award should be 'playing with fire' or 'Starter of flame-wars'

Signature temporarily out of order until I get off my lazy ass to fix it.
ScottyGrayskull

06-03-2008, 08:17 AM

(06-02-2008, 10:31 PM)ScottyGrayskull link Wrote: Okay guys. I am paying attention to this thread, although due to a heavy schedule this week and the fact that I'm away this weekend nothing will likely get done until next week. Rest assured though that I am keeping changes and suggestions in mind. Smile

Right, I've removed some of the less cool weapon awards, renamed the rest, and added a few so that every class is represented. I've also tweaked the values of a few things like dropping the flag (takes away as many points as picking it up gives, which I agree makes more sense). There are some more changes, hopefully in favour of some of the less offensively minded classes like engy and spy.

I would like to make some more changes over time as well, including figuring out how to get an award for suicides and such (it's tracked differently than the other events right now, like kills).

Personally I like looking at stats on an individual level. Seeing what people's preferences are and what they're good at, and how much time they put into certain things. I've long since given up on competing in points though. Not only can my skills not really compete with the top tier players (although I'd like to think I'm no slouch Tongue), I just don't play enough to really compete with many regulars. I'll still look at how I stack up and will try to reach a level if I think I can, but I for the most part don't bother.

copulatingduck

06-03-2008, 01:04 PM

(06-03-2008, 08:17 AM)ScottyGrayskull link Wrote: [quote author=ScottyGrayskull link=topic=420.msg9996#msg9996 date=1212463894]
Okay guys. I am paying attention to this thread, although due to a heavy schedule this week and the fact that I'm away this weekend nothing will likely get done until next week. Rest assured though that I am keeping changes and suggestions in mind. Smile

Right, I've removed some of the less cool weapon awards, renamed the rest, and added a few so that every class is represented. I've also tweaked the values of a few things like dropping the flag (takes away as many points as picking it up gives, which I agree makes more sense). There are some more changes, hopefully in favour of some of the less offensively minded classes like engy and spy.

I would like to make some more changes over time as well, including figuring out how to get an award for suicides and such (it's tracked differently than the other events right now, like kills).

Personally I like looking at stats on an individual level. Seeing what people's preferences are and what they're good at, and how much time they put into certain things. I've long since given up on competing in points though. Not only can my skills not really compete with the top tier players (although I'd like to think I'm no slouch Tongue), I just don't play enough to really compete with many regulars. I'll still look at how I stack up and will try to reach a level if I think I can, but I for the most part don't bother.
[/quote]

<3  You're the best Scotty. Also, one way to make it more interesting for folks who just can't put in the time might be an extra column for "Points/Hr Played." Not always the best metric as seeding servers yields lower point with fewer folks, but another possibly interesting metric to gauge the size of one's epeen by.

For Scotty: http://youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
ZoSo
Lurker

06-03-2008, 01:25 PM

Do we have a min number of players that have to be in the server for the stats to be on?

If not people can just join the server alone and whore up capture points.

Dream It. Weld It.          "You can't ride the tiger forever"

eVGA 8800 GTS 512mb @ 864/2106/2000 (1.38V)
Thermalright HR-03 Rev A & SI-97 + Antec 900
BenQ FP241W @ 1920x1200 (24" WUXGA LCD)
AMD X2 4200+ @ 2.7ghz (1.55V)
OCZ Platinum DDR400 2-3-2-5 4x1Gb
ASRock Dual SATA-II (Volt-Modded)
Auzentech X-Fi Prelude + Logitech Z-5300e
Seagate 180Gb SATA-II + 320Gb External
Cooler Master Real Power 550W
Vista Business x64 w/ SP1
Logitech G15, G25, MX518
Ianki
Pedo^H^H Appreciator of the Youth

06-03-2008, 01:35 PM

(06-03-2008, 01:25 PM)ZoSo link Wrote: Do we have a min number of players that have to be in the server for the stats to be on?

If not people can just join the server alone and whore up capture points.

Yeah, 4 people need to be on the server.
rumsfald

06-03-2008, 05:34 PM

(06-02-2008, 12:28 PM)exanimo link Wrote: I'm with Budr on this one.

Agreed. I'm sick of having to see people type /rank after every capture.  If I wanted to see people masturbate in public, I'd go to Vandamguy's house the train station.

NSFW Link from Vandam in 3..2..1..
copulatingduck

06-04-2008, 12:06 AM

Oh snaps, I just realized that the stats tracking keeps track of name-changing. Snazzy!

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
ScottyGrayskull

06-04-2008, 12:35 AM

(06-03-2008, 01:04 PM)copulatingduck link Wrote: <3  You're the best Scotty. Also, one way to make it more interesting for folks who just can't put in the time might be an extra column for "Points/Hr Played." Not always the best metric as seeding servers yields lower point with fewer folks, but another possibly interesting metric to gauge the size of one's epeen by.

For Scotty: http://youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

I'll look into the points per hour, although if people are anything like me it'll just give them another thing to obsess over. Seriously, I'd check that on Gametracker after nearly every match. Sad

And thanks for the video, but this one is better. ^_^

ScottyGrayskull

06-04-2008, 12:37 AM

(06-03-2008, 05:34 PM)rumsfald link Wrote: Agreed. I'm sick of having to see people type /rank after every capture.  If I wanted to see people masturbate in public, I'd go to Vandamguy's house the train station.

Well, we're in the process of trying to install a plugin that will filter all that, and make stats accessible per player via menus without the need to spam other players...

Unfortunately it doesn't quite work. Might be some compatibility issues. Although on the main server it does still disable "rank" and the like, so it sort of works. We'll keep poking at it. Wink