Hello There, Guest! Register

HUD question
Sponson
BRB, Posting

05-24-2009, 11:18 PM

You know how you have the graphic of your class sitting in the bottom left of your HUD?
How would you about changing that?
I found an image pack that I would love to use but have no clue.

[Image: unled1wl.png]
copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

05-25-2009, 12:53 AM

You would need to

-Get GCFScape
-Get VTFEdit
-Open the "Team Fortress 2 Materials" GCF in your steamapps folder
-Go to /materials/hud/
-Look at the "class* vtf's and vmt's to see what textures you would have to make
-Create those textures using something like photoshop/gimp/etc (I believe tga is the preferred filetype for Source-engine)
-Export those textures using VTFEdit
-Put the exported textures in .../steamapps/team fortress 2/tf/materials/HUD/

they would only work in sv_pure 0 and some sv_pure 1 servers

Not too difficult, but a bit much if you've never done any of it before. There's tons of how-to's online though detailing how to create vtf's and vmt's (try googling something along the lines of "How i maek custom tf2 sprays pl0x" since sprays need to be vtf/vmt, and that's the most common tutorial online)

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2009, 12:56 AM by copulatingduck.)
chronomaster
BBP Gardevoir

05-25-2009, 08:52 AM

(05-25-2009, 12:53 AM)CopulatingDuck link Wrote: they would only work in sv_pure 0 and some sv_pure 1 servers
In other words, not our servers, because it isn't whitelisted. :V

I have the Kawaii Fortress pack (found it randomly, decided to use it), and it only works here on FNF. :<

Sponson
BRB, Posting

05-25-2009, 10:13 AM

(05-25-2009, 12:53 AM)CopulatingDuck link Wrote: You would need to

-Get GCFScape
-Get VTFEdit
-Go to /materials/hud/
-Look at the "class* vtf's and vmt's to see what textures you would have to make
-Create those textures using something like photoshop/gimp/etc (I believe tga is the preferred filetype for Source-engine)

Not too difficult, but a bit much if you've never done any of it before. There's tons of how-to's online though detailing how to create vtf's and vmt's (try googling something along the lines of "How i maek custom tf2 sprays pl0x" since sprays need to be vtf/vmt, and that's the most common tutorial online)

why would I need cgfscape.

[Image: unled1wl.png]
Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

05-25-2009, 12:41 PM

(05-25-2009, 10:13 AM)Sponson link Wrote: [quote author=CopulatingDuck link=topic=2954.msg85766#msg85766 date=1243230789]
You would need to

-Get GCFScape
-Get VTFEdit
-Go to /materials/hud/

why would I need cgfscape.
[/quote]

Sooo you can open Valve's files to look at what you need to name your textures?  If there's other replacement packs, that's not necessary and you can just use those as reference.

(09-11-2008, 05:11 PM)Dave link Wrote:i would totaly ride that gay ass dragon thing.
[fr31ns]Karrde
The Handy Murse

05-25-2009, 12:45 PM

The stuff will work during TFT/FNF though.

<+Karrde> welp, time to learn some basic patterning skills
<@Negate> 12121212121212121212
<@Negate> there is a simple pattern
<+Karrde> I changed my mind.  Gonna cosplay as a gay demon from hell and get negate raped instead XD
<+Caffeine`work> Karrde: Gay demon? Why would you need to cosplay just go as yourself
<+FlyingMongoose> Caffeine`work: Karrde would actually have to tone it down some.
copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

05-25-2009, 01:16 PM

#2 is sv_pure 0  :|

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these